Advertiser: Eminent HomesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- $100,000 - $149,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Foreperson/Supervisors
About the business
Eminent Homes is an Australian building and property development business.
We have been building high quality residential projects in South Australia for over 30 years.
We are passionate residential property experts with a commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
About the role
This role will be responsible for overseeing the successful construction of multiple low rise apartment buildings, 4-8 storeys in a city fringe location and three storey townhouses. It is a role that could continue for several years with construction already well underway.
You will be directly responsible for the monitoring and overseeing of the sub-contractors and project outcomes, including:
- Programming and coordination of sub-contractors, suppliers and material deliveries from initial site works through to handover.
- Efficiently manage your allocated projects in an environment that supports the delivery of high quality apartments to our customers, without compromise.
- Ensuring compliance with Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) practices and the associated legislation to support our commitment to zero harm.
- Demonstrating a high level of care at every interaction, including collaboration and effective communication with contractors, suppliers and team members.
- Managing the subcontractors to ensure job is adequately resourced, and running optimally at all times.
- Construction Planning and Tendering of Building work and Trades.
To be considered for this role, you will:
- Be experienced in managing construction projects from start to completion.
- Have an exceptional ability to read and understand drawings and site documentation.
- Be 100% focussed on site safety and adhere to WHS legislation for class 2 site requirements.
- Have a strong ability to manage the technical and financial implications of construction project variations.
- Handle exceptionally under pressure and make sound judgements in a fast moving and constantly changing environment.
- Have an unwavering commitment to excellence in client management.
- Ensure that timeframes are strictly adhered to and deliver within budget without compromising on quality.
- Be autonomous and focussed . Be able to work unsupervised and independently, whilst taking ownership over the project, and reporting to the construction manager regularly and effectively.
To be considered you will bring to the role a very strong residential technical construction knowledge, and be commercially astute. It is critical that you have an ability to adhere to pre-determined timeframes with exceptional time management. You will have 5 years minimum experience in a similar role with a recognised builder, have a current relevant Building Supervisor Licence and a White Card