HR AdvisorPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
- ABOUT WESTERN MEAT PROCESSORS
Western Meat Processors (WMP) Abattoir is proudly West Australian owned and operated. Our abattoir is based in Cowaramup (approximately 15 minutes north of Margaret River). Western Meat Processors has grown significantly since inception and is constantly expanding, with traditional values of customer and supplier loyalty remaining at the forefront of what we do. We cater to both the domestic and international markets.
We are currently seeking an HR Advisor to join our team at Cowaramup. With the full support from our HR team in Perth, the HR Advisor will be responsible for the following duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with recruitment, including on-boarding;
- Provide support on ER/IR matters;
- Provide general HR advice to the site;
- Interpretation of policies and procedures;
- Review and development of job descriptions.
- Provide general payroll information to the Payroll team in Perth;
- Provide support to the HR Manager in Perth;
- Provide support to the Safety Manager in Perth and support safety compliance across the site.
As HR Advisor you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field;
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role preferably in the food processing or manufacturing sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Solid knowledge of employment law and its application, and experience dealing with industrial relations matters;
- Experience dealing with union representatives;
- Ability to build rapport at all levels of the organisation.
- OHS experience is advantageous.
At WMP we offer a positive workplace culture, close team networks and a supportive work environment. We encourage our employees to have an enjoyable and rewarding career with an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity.
If you believe you possess the relevant attributes and experience to excel in this role, please click "Apply for this job", where you will be expected to attach a current copy of your Resume as well as a Cover Letter addressing the above Job Criteria.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately, however, we reserve the right to close this position earlier than stated.
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of employment & workplace relations?