NIGHTSHIFT - BAKERY PICKER, PACKER & DISTRIBUTION
Advertiser: brisbane bread coMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Pickers & Packers
We are a busy, successful and rapidly growing wholesale bakery in Fortitude Valley. We are a vibrant professional business that is well respected within our industry, we've recorded extremely good growth to date and have fantastic opportunities on the horizon. Our business has again grown significantly and we are currently adding to our team and are looking for highly skilled candidates to move forward with.
We want to surround ourselves with people who share our business ideals and possess a real desire to join us and contribute to our continued collective success. We require an experienced picker/packer & logistics specialist to join our nightshift team.
For the right person, we offer:
- an exceptional opportunity to join a greatly successful business with real future expansion plans
- varied role that will not be boring
- a professional, progressive and growing workplace
- potential growth to MGMT position
- closed for holidays at Christmas
- closed public holidays
We expect you to contribute significantly to the daily operational success of the business, work in a efficient and proactive manner, and organize yourself to meet daily deadlines and most of all deliver top quality customer service to our clients. As part of the wholesale baking team you will work both as part of the team and independently to ensure smooth overall bakery operations and successful delivery of client orders. You will be hands on and flexible enough to manage yourself, work collaboratively with team mates and also be capable to work in effective conjunction with our baking team to achieve daily goals and targets.
The role requires you to work with the baking team to guide the packing room list of responsibilities to successfully deliver customer orders complete and on time on a daily basis. Considering our clients orders must be manufactured and delivered by 7am the role is a NIGHTSHIFT role, on-going, therefore ALL nightshift wage loadings apply. On a nightly basis with the assistance of the packing/delivery team, you will be required to sort, slice, pack and deliver our clients orders.
You will need to bring with you:
- A current Aust drivers licence IS ESSENTIAL
- The ability to follow, process, policy and procedure
- Previous order picking & packing experience
- Good literacy skills
- An enjoyment in working in a multi-faceted position
- A friendly personality and a positive and flexible, willing attitude
- Ability and willingness to work hard to achieve workplace goals
- Willing to lead from the front and by example
- Previous order delivery experience preferred but not essential
And you will need to be:
- Ready to take on an ever-changing business challenge
- Motivated, passionate, enthusiastic and results driven
- Able to, and happy to work nights & potentially weekends
- Physically fit and be able to handle manual and sometimes heavy work
- able to work fulltime hours and overtime when required
- Australian permanent resident (no working holiday makers please)
Is this you? Are you ready to make your mark on a growing company with real expansion plans? Please apply now. Thanks for your interest and best of luck.
NB; DUE TO THE HIGH LEVEL OF APPLICANTS EXPECTED, ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a picker packer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?