Assistant to General Affairs Section
Advertiser: Embassy of JapanMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
The Embassy of Japan in Australia is seeking a well-organised and responsible person for the role of Assistant to the General/Political Affairs Section (a possibility to transfer internally within the Embassy at a later date based on demands and personal skills also remains.)
- Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking a broad range of administrative/management support tasks, such as arranging meetings, scheduling and managing the Embassy contact database
- Providing support to Japanese delegations visiting Australia
- Providing administrative and logistical support for Embassy events
- Compiling major headlines on international media regarding the Indo Pacific region
- Assisting General/Political Section staff as required
2. Requirements for this position include:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive IT skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly organised, motivated and with a flexible approach to assigned duties
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated capacity to promote Embassy work ethics and work effectively in a team environment
3. It would also be advantageous if the applicant has:
- Experience working in a Japanese office environment and familiarity with Japanese language and culture
- A high level of Japanese language proficiency
- Experience in event management
- A basic knowledge of database management or MS Access
The Embassy of Japan, as an organisation of the Japanese government, will not employ those who simultaneously hold both Japanese citizenship and the citizenship of another country/other countries. If this applies to the successful candidate, he/she will be required to take the necessary steps to change their citizenship status to reflect this.
This position is full-time commencing in September 2019 at the earliest (due to administrative requirements).
A starting salary will be calculated commensurate with experience based on the salary scale of the Embassy.
Applications should be submitted through Seek.com by Close of Business August 28th, 2019.
For further information regarding this position, please contact the General Affairs Section on firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high number of applications expected, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- What's your highest level of education?