Coach / Bus Drivers
Advertiser: Emerald CoachesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Sept 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Public Transport & Taxi Services
About the business and the role
Professional Mackay based drivers required for mining transfer & charter work, with a range of different routes and shifts available in Mackay Queensland. 20-25 Hrs p/week.
Emerald Coaches provides passenger transport services to the school, route, mining and charter markets throughout the greater Emerald area, the Bowen Basin, Mackay and regional Queensland.
Our diverse fleet of coaches range in size from 12 to 61 seats and our geographic coverage enables us to effectively service Queensland's energy and resource rich
If we pursue one goal more than any other, that goal is to deliver our customers and passengers to their destination safely, on time and in comfort .
Safety, and the responsibility vested in us, is something we have taken seriously for over 30 years and drives much of our decision making.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The position is Mackay based, operating local mining, charter, and private services. Mining camp positions are also available from time to time from Mackay and Rockhampton/Yeppoon.
• Operate Bus Services as required
• Conduct and record pre-start vehicle checks
• Conduct and record post-service vehicle checks
• Adhere to all Queensland Transport, legislative, regulatory and company driving instructions and policies
• Report and record all vehicle defects
• Report all client behaviour issues for management action
• Report all accidents, near misses and other occurrences
• Ensure the cleanliness of bus
• Retrieve and record any lost property and lodge with the office
• Treat all passengers with respect and courtesy
• Complete any time sheets at end of shift/work
• Comply with all company policies and safe work procedures
• Other duties as required
Skills and experience
Applications will be accepted from job seekers who hold a minimum MR licence, however HR or above would be advantageous.
Previous coach/ bus driving experience preferred and Queensland Government Industry Drivers Authority (DA) essential.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience driving commercial passenger vehicles? (e.g. taxis, tour buses)
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?