Advertiser: Tusk GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Our client is a privately owned transport company providing services to some of Australia’s largest transport companies as well as direct customers. Specializing in refrigerated transport, the business operates in a niche market and is poised for further growth. A newly created role exists for a self-motivated, energetic and adaptable Assistant Accountant.
Role responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Weekly and monthly cash flow reporting
- Financial reporting
- Liaison with external accountants
- Managing one direct report
- Focus on process improvements
Skills and experience required:
- A completed or partially completed Bachelor of Accounting degree
- Excellent working knowledge of MYOB, Quickbooks and Xero
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience in a stand-alone finance role with an SME
- Finance experience in the retail industry would be highly regarded but not essential
- High levels of initiative and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Some people management experience would be highly regarded but not essential
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, process oriented finance professional to make your mark in a newly created role. You will be fully trained and supported and play a key role in the growth and success of this exciting business. Flexible working hours will be considered. If this sounds like you then please apply online for immediate consideration (in Word format only).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- How many years of payroll experience do you have?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Do you have previous invoicing experience?