Facilities & Administration Officer (part-time)
Advertiser: ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Sydney BranchMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Office Management
We are a global financial services firm with activities in over 25 countries and 85 of the world’s securities exchanges. We offer a broad range of products and services to professional market participants. We have offices around the world and have been operating in Sydney since 1998. Our other main offices are located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, London, Amsterdam and Chicago.
Primary role responsibilities
We are seeking a part-time Facilities & Administration Officer to join our Human Resources team. This role provides facilities management and administrative support to the whole team and plays an important role in the smooth running of the office.
- Manage the Sydney office Facilities and Administration activities
- Attend to office maintenance queries and organise appropriate service calls
- Building facilities management. As the first point of contact you will liaise with building management and IT on items relating to building facilities.
- Answering over-flow calls to the main phone number and greeting visitors when required
- Organise catering for events and meetings when required
- Ordering office and kitchen supplies. Maintaining stock levels/ordering of kitchen and stationery supplies; negotiating competitive rates, procurement of cost effective suppliers
- Mail and courier management. Collect and distribute mail and newspapers
- Assisting with organising slide packs for Office Townhalls
- General ad hoc office support tasks
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Facilities Management experience preferred
- Strong customer service orientation/stakeholder management
- Hands on approach with a can do attitude and have the desire to add value through process enhancement
- Proven time management and organisational skills, with a focus on achieving results whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and proactive in problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (desirable)
- Knowledge of WHS legislation desirable
ABN AMRO fosters a working environment for people who want to achieve something in life. We make a difference with our expert employees, who are driven by a desire to continue developing. We attract people who take their job and their talents very seriously, and in return we give employees the responsibility and the scope to excel in their role. You will be working with a group of people who have the same drive and vision, but whose backgrounds and experience are as diverse as those of our clients.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has a professional approach, excellent communication skills and enjoys being part of a busy team. In return, we will offer you an attractive remuneration package, and the opportunity to work in a progressive and innovative working environment. If this is what you are looking for, please apply and outline in your cover letter how your experience fits the above criteria.
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful for an interview.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?