Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
Advertiser: R Marine SydneyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT / BOOKKEEPER
We are a highly regarded luxury Motor Yacht Dealer seeking a professional and experienced Accounts Assistant on a part time basis (4 days per week) to join our vibrant, down to earth team.
The accounts assistant / bookkeeper will assist the Financial Controller to ensure the efficient running of the accounting department by taking ownership of the transactional / bookeeping tasks.
Escape the hustle of the CBD with this part time role that offers a relaxed boating atmosphere in a modern waterfront office in Rozelle Bay.
- Effective management of the accounts payable process, including:
- Ensuring all invoices and payments are coded correctly and paid within a timely manner.
- Maintaining the supplier ledger.
- Resolving supplier queries.
- Effective management of the accounts receivable process, including:
- Ensuring all invoicing to customers is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Chasing of outstanding debts, and communication of issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Completion of daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of weekly / monthly payroll runs.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end accounts.
- Liaising with all staff and external parties (customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities).
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and tasks where required.
- Looking for opportunities for process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance ideal (or studying towards).
- Previous accounting / bookkeeping experience.
- Experience working with accounting systems (ability to work with Xero will be viewed upon favourably).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including;
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proactive and a problem solver.
- Retail or Inventory experience is highly desired.
- Experience in Marine Dealership (or automotive industry) is a bonus.
We envisage the role will require approx. 4 days per week. We can also consider some flexibility in terms of which days, start and finish times.
This position offers an immediate start. Full training will be provided.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking Apply Now and attaching your resume with a covering letter specifically outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
Please note, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?