Senior Environmental Scientist Consultant & NSW State Manager
Advertiser: iEnvironmental Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $120,000 - $149,999 base plus commission
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
An exciting opportunity for a 10+ year experienced contaminated site environmental consultant to elevate your contaminated land career, working with some experienced contaminated site consultants in Australia and taking on a pivotal role at the right time as a new company grows, building a permanent presence and managing your own NSW team as the business develops nationally.
Our company was formed in 2018 and currently has around 10 employees, and more than 50 sub-consultants, and we have an aggressive and exciting business growth plan that we are exceeding. The majority of business we do is in NSW, as well as QLD, VIC, SA and sometimes work in other states. We are a company focussed on innovation and integrity, bringing in new ideas and concepts for how contaminated land projects are delivered.
You must have several years of experience in contaminated land projects in NSW and around 10+ years of experience in contaminated land consulting. You must know the local industry and NSW contaminated land regulations, provide proof of completion of a number of PSI/DSI, EMP, and validation reports in NSW, and be based in on near to Sydney. You must have experience in providing senior technical review of RAPs, EMPs, DSI and PSI reports.
You will be working with a new, extremely fast-growing contaminated sites environmental consulting company, iEnvironmental Australia, managing various environmental projects and subcontractors in NSW and interstate, providing consulting services for various contaminated sites projects.
You need to be extremely organised, excellent at reporting, and able to do fieldwork. You will have experience in reviewing and writing detailed reports and proposals. You will be helping develop our NSW office permanent presence that has been largely outsourced and facilitated by interstate travel until now (NSW is our largest business sector) starting with one graduate support consultant, and interstate support along with sub-consultants.
Projects include groundwater and soil remediation, environmental management plans, large and small detailed site investigations for developments and preliminary site investigations. Quality, safety, innovation, timeliness and integrity will be the most important elements of your work, with opportunities to receive training and develop skills in management.
Principal level staff will visit periodically, and otherwise remote communication and substantial interaction from will be via modern communication tools with staff with 20 + years in Australia and overseas.
You must be keen for knowledge and continuous improvement, keen to service clients with excellent timeliness and quality and able to keep yourself organised and motivated. This will be a pivotal role in what we hope will soon be one of Australia's largest environmental consultancies.
You will help with all elements of work - and be trained by experienced staff remotely and during interstate visits. This position requires a relatively independent and hardworking person. Your role will include:
- Coordination and management of projects (contractors, subcontractors) and delivery to clients on time and on budget;
- Reviewing reports and proposals;
- Assisting junior staff in your state as well as interstate;
- Not being afraid to ask questions, and also learning how to find answers;
- Being considerate and respectful to fellow employees, clients, and contractors;
- DSI, PSI, EMP and RAP reports, working with Principal level staff;
- Sampling programs (drilling, GMEs, soil sampling) and experience working with drill rigs, excavators, quality controls for low flow sampling;
- Travel interstate and remote locations when required;
- iEnvi will support your training and career growth;
- Developing and refining templates (reports, field documents);
- Marketing activities including support at client meetings, writing and reviewing proposals, speaking to potential client enquiries, assistance with project summaries and knowledge article tasks;
- Creating detailed cost proposals; and
- Project management to ensure projects are on time, on budget.
About our company
iEnvironmental Australia Pty Ltd, or iEnvi, is a non-conforming contaminated sites consultancy made up of highly experienced environmental professionals and project managers, who wish to bring integrity and service back to environmental projects by forming the best available teams and utilising new technologies and methods of delivery that enhance value. We currently have less than 10 employees, but a team of more than 50 individuals are outsourced for implementing various projects and fieldwork - we have grown exponentially since registration at the start of 2018. You can see some of our recent projects and more about us on www.ienvi.com.au
If this sounds like you and you would like to work in a challenging role in a new style of company, accelerating your career, working with senior consultants directly and learning how to manage while keeping your consulting skills in development, please submit your CV and a covering letter along with an example of a written report.
The ideal start date is in the last half of September 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?