- Job Listing Date
- 20 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Organisational Development
We exist to enrich community experiences. We reimagine destinations of the future, creating places where people love to connect. We do this by creating unique and relevant consumer experiences, delivering compelling value to our retail partners and striving for excellence in everything we do.
The Diversity and Inclusion Manager will lead the delivery of the Diversity and Inclusion strategy across Vicinity through the design, delivery and evaluation of a wide range of internal and external initiatives.
Additionally, this role will play a key role in leading and advising our Diversity Forum and Diversity and Inclusion Working Groups – strategic initiatives aimed to increase and leverage Diversity and Inclusion within Vicinity.
This role is also responsible for ensuring we are meeting all reporting and compliance requirements and working effectively with and leveraging best practice from our external D&I partners.
What will you bring?
You are a recognised leader who is strategic and passionate about developing best practice diversity initiatives which will help shape the future, brand and reputation of Vicinity. You have significant experience in the development and delivery of people and culture strategies, which include diversity and inclusion programs of work. You have a growth mindset and the ability to both think big and deliver industry leading diversity initiatives and be across the detail to actively manage concurrent programs of work.
You are a change champion who will both review existing policies, programs and initiatives as well as deliver new ideas, trends and possibilities to deliver a best practice diversity model for Vicinity. You are an expert communicator and understand and adapt your style to the diverse needs of your stakeholders. You are well connected and will have extensive networks to leverage in this role.
You are commercial and are excited by the focus on data and analytics which come with a role like this. You are keen to demonstrate the value of diversity and inclusion to the bottom line.
What will success look like?
We Imagine a Better Way
- You are flexible and adaptable in your approach as well as being open and curious
- You know how to build trust and confidence quickly and this is reflected in your extensive network; You are an influencer and your internal and external stakeholder engagement and communication skills are exceptional; You can adapt your style and delivery for any audience
- You can demonstrate the strategic and organisational benefits from an investment in diversity and inclusion through articulating the business value and impact of all the initiatives you deliver
We Embrace Difference
- You will seek out and encourage diversity in all forms across the organisation and work to ensure this diversity is reflected in the strategy and actions you deliver
- You are comfortable and confident in delivering your strategy and actions through others
- You know how to create an environment where all stakeholders (team members, retailers, consumers and the community) feel respected, valued and supported
We Always Collaborate
- You work to proactively understand the diverse communities in which Vicinity operates; Similarly, you demonstrate solid understanding of the diversity of Vicinity team members
- You collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and advocacy groups to drive the best outcome for our team members, retailers, consumers and the community
- You understand and can balance the commercial needs of the business whilst driving the delivery of the Diversity and Inclusion strategy
At Vicinity, we are in the business of people. The people who shop in our centres, lease our retail space, invest in our centres, and of course, the people who work in and for our centres and our corporate office. Our people are important, and we believe in giving them every opportunity to grow and succeed in our business.
Our benefits program focuses on creating an awesome place to work in which our people are rewarded and recognised, and offers flexibility, balance and continuous learning opportunities, ensuring we give back, and that we look after ourselves.
Our values cultivate a culture that encourages our 1300+ team members to be curious, agile, passionate and committed. At Vicinity we embrace difference. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports diversity and flexibility.
Note: To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have existing, relevant Australian work rights. At the later stages of the recruitment process the shortlisted candidate/candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal History Background/Police Check as a mandatory part of the process. Additional qualification checks may also be required dependant on role and level.