- Job Listing Date
- 21 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
WHO WE ARE
Secure Parking is the largest commercial car park operator in Australia and operates over 650 car parks across Australia and New Zealand. Secure Parking was founded over 40 years ago and was acquired by Park24 Co. Ltd in 2017. Park24 is Japan's largest commercial car park operator. Both companies continue to expand rapidly based on a platform of continued investment in innovative technology, marketing and people.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The nature of the role dictates that accounting knowledge is important but your approach to the role will need to be inquisitive and have an eye for detail. You will be a broader contributor to the culture and continuous improvement endeavours within the finance team in order to succeed.
We are looking for someone who is a qualified or partially qualified CPA or CA member. With 2-4 years of working experience as an assistant accountant for financial accountant role, you have sound understanding of accounting principles and practical experience in applying these principles to business transactions.
While accounting knowledge is important, we are also looking for someone who is a self starter with inquisitive mind and the confidence to challenge the status quo. Communication and stakeholder management skills are very important for this role as you will be coordinating with a broader team across functions within the business.
Experiences with main stream ERP system is preferred but not essential.
Primarily focusing on balance sheet review and reconciliation, this position plays a key role in the finance team to make sure accounting standards and business rules are followed and applied.
This role will be involved in month end closing process for revenue recognition for carparks for QLD and online bookings.
This role will have exposure to various business stakeholders across the business, so communication and stakeholder engagement skill is a key.
This role will also assist senior accountant in driving process improvements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualificatioNs in Accounting or related discipline.
- Membership in a professional accounting body (or progression towards same).
- 2-4 years' experience in a relevant commercial or chartered role.
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications.
- An excellent understanding of how a large financial ledger system works.
- A developed and demonstrable problem solving ability.
- High level commitment to customer and stakeholder service.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to persuade, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to contribute to the efficiency and profitability of the business.