- Job Listing Date
- 21 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Training & Development
Leader, Professional Growth & Culture
Sydney Catholic Schools
Closing Date: 8 September 2019
Commencing: Term 4, 2019 (negotiable)
Who we are?
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
About the role
This is a 12-month temporary full-time parental leave replacement position ending at the completion of the 2020 school year. The role reports to the Head: People & Culture, but working closely with schools to support in implementing a contemporary performance growth culture. The People and Culture Unit plays a key role in providing leadership and stewardship of the organisation’s learning and leadership development agenda to ensure a cohesive approach to workforce performance, learning and development.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Great supportive team environment, with a constant learning focus
- Purposeful and value-driven work
- NESA accredited Teacher
- A passion and demonstrated success for developing the performance of others
- A creative, innovative and solution finding mindset
- Effective management skills in working with others, leading change and managing conflicting priorities, timeframes and complex issues
- Demonstrated understanding of teaching standards and practice
- Confidence and strong ability in facilitating quality professional learning
- Comfort in the use of technology for work efficiency and to support the learning of others
- Current and valid Driver’s License
- Masters level in Education/Educational Leadership or equivalent (desirable).
Success in this role looks like
- Support schools and office teams in implementing a contemporary performance growth culture
- To integrate a standards-informed approach which is supportive of the dual moral purpose of
- Catholic Identity/Mission and Student Learning within Sydney Catholic schools
- To develop, deliver and evaluate contemporary leadership development
- Act as a delegated officer for Teacher Accreditation
- Provide quality assurance for NESA registered professional development.
- Are you a creative self-starter?
- Do you have a drive for learning and self-development?
- Do you like being part of a collaborative team of professionals?
Please find the link for the candidate application gateway for you to access to complete your application and be considered for this opportunity: Apply Here. To discuss you application please contact Laura Russell (Recruitment Officer) on (02) 9568 8624.
Working with Children’s Check
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us. Click Here
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What is your accredited level with NESA?