Accountant - Part Time
Advertiser: Inovor Technologies Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
You will be part of our dynamic team developing space technologies in Adelaide. You will have a predominately accounting role focussed around the support, development and implementation of accounting standards and policy, and ensuring the reliability of the information in the accounting system. You will report to the CEO and work in tandem with the Administration Manager. The company currently uses the Xero accounting package.
Criteria - Essential
- A degree/diploma in Commerce or Accounting
- Eligible for a security clearance. To meet this, candidates must have lived in Australia for 10 years (or at least close to 10 years), and be eligible for an Australian citizenship
Skills and Experience - Essential
- Experience as a company accountant in a similar role
- Experience developing and maintaining appropriate accounting policies and providing advice on general accounting issues
- Experience assisting with the preparation of the annual budget
- Experience preparing monthly management accounts and reconciliations where appropriate
- Experience in the preparation of annual financial statements, and all supporting information
- Experience with monthly reporting and performance against budget
Skills and Knowledge - Desirable
- Preparation and submission of the annual tax return in consultation with, where necessary, external tax accountants
- Some knowledge of accounting in an R&D environment and of the ATO tax incentive claim, or a willingness to update your knowledge in this aspect of the business
Inovor Technologies (www.inovor.com.au) is a space and defence company located in Adelaide, Australia with 18 employees. We provide services to Defence in several key areas, including electronic warfare, simulation and modelling and space surveillance. We also develop satellite technologies and are building several spacecraft for civilian and defence projects. Inovor Technologies has developed a family of small satellite platforms that we use to build space missions and provide a complete turnkey satellite mission solution from mission design, to spacecraft design, manufacture, integration, test, delivery and operations.
Applying for this position:
Please forward a covering letter with your resume.
The covering letter should address the essential criteria and relevant skills and experience.
Please include on your covering letter your salary expectations.
Applications closing 20th September 2019 @ 5:00pm (ACST)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?