Junior Accounts Payable OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Aug 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
We are a fast growing manufacturing company in Western Sydney. Due to the rapid growth and expansion, we are now hiring a AP to handle our day to day accounting task.
Here are some of your challenges:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Obtain invoice authorisation before process
- Set up shipment for import in system
- Enter invoices into system and allocate invoices for purchase order and/or shipment number
- Prepare payment proposal for due invoices
- Prepare and perform check runs or single payment in system
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments in bank
- Obtain bank remittances for payments and send remittance for request
- Reconcile vendor accounts with suppliers' monthly statements
- Resolve account discrepancies and issues
- Set up and Maintain vendor accounts
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Maintain accessible and retrievable filing system for purchase contracts, paid and unpaid invoices, purchase orders, delivery dockets, payment remittances, Bank statements etc
- Reconcile and process company credit card and petty cash each month
- Monitor and reconcile Purchase clearing account each month
- Monitor and reconcile Stock in transit account each month
- Monitor and reconcile Deposits with supplier account each month
- Reconcile and process amortisation for prepaid expenses each month
- Reconcile and process general accruals for expenses each month
- Run foreign currency revaluation for the month end, general and save the report
- Process all bank debit transactions on daily basis and complete bank reconciliation for the month end, general and save the report
- Generate and keep vendor aging reports and other necessary account payable reports for the month end
- Provide GST input tax information for BAS return
- The list goes on...
In order to succeed you need:
- Good written and verbal communication skills and manner
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Keen, flexible attitude
- Pronto experience is a bonus
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Bookkeeping experience is desired
In return we offer you:
- Excellent career prospect
- A dynamic team environment
- In house training
- And many more...
Salary is commensurate with experiences along with incentives.
To apply you must be a Permanent Australian Resident. Take this rare opportunity and apply today!
No Recruitment Agencies Please
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of accounts payable experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?