OSHC Team Leader - Families & Communities
Advertiser: Firefly HRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Aug 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $22.70 to $27.14 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Check out this great opportunity that has arisen for an OSHC Team Leader to join this well-established volunteer Parent Committee managed OSHC centre in Manly, with a focus on Families & Communities.
- Between $22.70 - $27.14 per hour perm part time rate (pending experience / qualification).
- Perm part-time hours of approx 31.5 hours | Split Shifts for work life balance | Supportive Community.
- An additional Split Shift Allowance of $16.47 per day a split is worked.
- Perfect location – right on Manly beach in Sydney’s Northern Beaches.
- Perhaps looking for a change from OSHC service, childcare or teaching?
A well respected & long standing Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) centre managed by a volunteer Parent Committee are seeking an OSHC Team Leader to join their well-established team.
This role will have a focus on Quality Area 6: Collaborative Partnerships with Families & Communities.
The centre has a strong organisational structure in place to ensure the workload is evenly spread.
There are 6 leadership positions at the centre, with this being one of them, all with a different focus area which leads to an efficiently run centre.
Why make this your next role?
- The location – right next to Manly Beach.
- Step up into a leadership role & gain valuable experience working with 5-12 year old children.
- No uniforms required, creativity and uniqueness embraced.
- Young, energetic, happy, friendly, easy going team that know the importance of school aged care and have a genuine passion for working with children at the centre.
- PAID, that’s right PAID Certificate IV in School Aged Care by the service – get a qualification (if don’t have already) paid by the employer.
- Paid dinner at the end of each term as a thank you & recognition for the teams hard work
- Split shifts, allowing for great work life balance and to enjoy more of the wonderful location (imagine Spring / Summer at the beach?), hours 7:30am to 9:30am and 2:30pm to 6pm.
- 4 hours additional admin time set aside to get tasks done, 10am to 2pm Wednesday, nothing required on the floor except to be with the children and to foster the social & emotional development that we do so well in OSHC. Genuinely have time to get things done. Plus more admin time provided on the other days.
- Vacation Care, lots of fun holiday activities, with a variety of shifts between 7am and 6pm – opportunity to work more hours (up to 38 hours).
- A focus on Quality Area 6: Collaborative Partnerships with Families & Communities. Embrace the beautiful community this centre is in, connect with those around you and foster great connections with the families and communities (think charity fundraisers, social events, school events, celebrations, children events and so much more can be explored in this role).
- Located in the heart of Manly, one of Sydney’s best known suburbs for it’s relaxed, friendly and beautiful surroundings.
- Licenced for 120 children.
- Uses QikKids for CCMS software.
- Rated Exceeding in February 2017.
- Approved Provider is a Volunteer Parent Management Committee, which means all funds go back into the service.
- Limited parking but plenty of public transport connections.
- Someone that is confident, proactive and can be an active networker to help foster the focus area of connecting with families and communities.
- Certificate IV or equivalent in School Aged Care or another child related field. For the right candidate, the employer is happy to pay for a Certificate IV in School Aged Care to be completed.
- Preference is for someone with childcare experience, however training can be provided for the right candidate.
- CHCPRT001: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk - Accredited Child Protection (or willingness to obtain).
- HLTAID004: Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (or willingness to obtain).
Grab this unique opportunity and be a part of this amazing team!
A Working with Children Check applies to this position.
Please do not hesitate to inquire for any further questions on the position - it is a great opportunity!
How to apply:
Include a cover letter with your resume for the position, stating how you would suit this Team Leader position.
Please apply through the link or email the team at email@example.com.
Or check our website: https://fireflyhr.com.au/
Firefly HR - OSHC Specific Recruitment
Encouraging Positive Change in OSHC - made by Educators for Educators.
Every child deserves a champion. An adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.
- RITA PIERSON
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?