- Job Listing Date
- 22 Aug 2019
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
At Penguin Random House Australia, we strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Publicist to join our Publicity team based in North Sydney. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a truly creative and collaborative environment at one of Australia's most dynamic publishers.
You will independently develop, implement and manage innovative publicity campaigns for some of the world’s best known, and emerging authors for the Australian market. You will incorporate sophisticated integrated media strategies to effectively promote and publicise books across all media platforms, and use a broad range of communication including press releases, phone pitching, and content marketing, to organise and manage author tours, events, and appearances.
This role calls for a clear thinker with exceptional organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects at one time. You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Publicist role, preferably in the Arts sector, and a strong understanding of national and regional print, broadcast and online media. You will have a passion for books and reading and have a keen interest in/knowledge of Australian new and emerging media. Whilst experience in the book publishing industry is not essential it would be a definite advantage.
In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a proven ability to facilitate strong relationships across a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Capable of providing professional guidance to Publicists as necessary
- Willingness to manage a diverse range of publicity campaigns from beginning to end often with tight deadlines and to a high standard
- The ability to organize bespoke events and launches
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Creativity, enthusiasm, good attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Familiarity with Sharepoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and e-conversant
If you are interested in this role, we invite you to apply now. All applications must include a cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?