Advertiser: YoungcareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Aug 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
Youngcare is a not-for-profit organisation spearheading powerful and positive change to help more young people with high care needs, live the lives we all deserve. There are simply too many young people in Australia being left behind, living in inappropriate and unacceptable housing. It is an issue that spans the corners of the country, yet it's so close to home.
For 12 years, we have been fighting to make a difference to the lives of young people with high care needs and the loved ones who care for them. Our fight continues.
Youngcare is leading much-needed change in the disability housing sector. With the insight and experience of the people we help firmly steering us, we are rallying change makers across the country — industry, government and community — to shape a national solution. Together, we will make an impact.
Young people with high care needs deserve this freedom. To choose where they live. To choose who they live with. To choose how they live their lives. It's a freedom we all deserve, which is why it's up to all of us to make sure it happens.
About The Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and driven Events Coordinator to project manage Youngcare signature and beneficiary events.
Reporting to the Events Manager, your role is to assist with the successful delivery of the Youngcare events calendar through the project management of Youngcare signature and beneficiary events.
- Reporting to the Event Manager you will coordinate venues, suppliers, logistics, administration and stakeholders for Youngcares annual events calendar including their signature and beneficiary events.
- On the day event, operational and logistical coordination including external suppliers, volunteers, attendees, talent etc.
- Drafting operational documents for each event such as run sheets, rosters, presentations, risk assessments and speaking notes.
- Negotiating and communicating with stakeholders and suppliers such as catering, entertainment, theming, sponsors and guest speakers.
- Relevant event administration including ensuring event related records are up to date and included in Raisers Edge, writing thank you cards etc.
- Drafting and maintaining individual event budgets in line with approved event budget
- Ensuring stakeholder queries are answered in a timely manner
- Supervising and assisting at trekker fundraising events
- Managing ticketing systems and RSVP reporting across all Youngcare events
- Managing the Event Inbox
- Conducting post-event analysis and reporting ensuring timely distribution
- Attracting and retaining beneficiary events to ensure continued growth each year
- Ensuring compliance with Youngcare Brand guidelines and ensure Youngcare events represent that brand appropriately
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications to develop event collateral and related timelines for communication
- Assisting the Fundraising Team in sourcing sponsorship and in-kind products for Youngcare events including collaborating on events sponsorship prospectus.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships with external parties including, but not limited to, key stakeholders, suppliers, event committees, venue management, ambassadors, beneficiary event organisers
- Maintain and update database records to establish relevant and accurate relationship information to assist with future planning and history of supporter relationships
- Ensure the Youngcare brand is protected and not compromised when used in a community/beneficiary event forum
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, marketing, business or related field; or equivalent relevant industry experience in a fundraising or event management role
- Exceptional relationship management and business development skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task, think quickly and work under pressure
- Proactive problem solving skills and creativity
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Event coordination experience or experience in community fundraising
- Experience working with community volunteer based programs preferred but not essential
- Experience within the not-for-profit sector favorable
- Demonstrated experience in Raiser’s Edge software preferred but not essential
- Driver’s Licence – Class C
- Initiative, creativity and confidence to develop new relationships
- Dedicated team player
- Strong social values and inspiration to make a difference
- Commitment to Youngcare’s mission and values
- Some out of hours’ work will be required including weekends
- Satisfactory finding of a national police check
Youngcare Can Offer You
• A passionate, committed, forward looking and dynamic culture;
• Supportive, fun and rewarding working environment;
• Salary packaging benefits;
• Training and development opportunities;
• An opportunity to make a real difference!
For further information and to apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am on Sunday 8th September 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an events coordinator?