Scheduler (Dispatch Coordinator)
Advertiser: Hume Building ProductsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Aug 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Fleet Management
Start a rewarding Career in Logistics
Do you have experience scheduling a fleet of delivery trucks?
We are looking for someone with experience working in a medium to large size organisation (at least 100 employees), and is familiar with the location areas around Sydney and Regional Sydney.
Who we are
We are one of Australia's fastest growing suppliers, of construction and building products to the industry, supplying a large range from 9 different locations, servicing customers in NSW and VIC.
We are currently looking for 2 full time Dispatch Coordinators to help grow our expanding business. As a Dispatch Coordinator, you will receive training and all the support you need. This will ensure you have the knowledge, confidence and experience to assist and grow with the company, having the opportunity to build a career with us.
Benefits of working with Hume
In addition to a great culture and support, we empower our team to provide great solutions and experiences to our customers. Hume offers many benefits, that have our team staying with us for over 10 years.
- Opportunity to grow your career in Logistics
- Comprehensive paid-for product training provided by a dedicated Training Manager
- you will be guided and fully supported by an experienced Dispatch team
- Hume branded uniforms
- Team member discount
Your main responsibilities include:
- Scheduling jobs appropriately and effectively for all Drivers, ensuring route optimisation
- Liaising with the Job Controller around delivery slots and bookings
- Being the first point of contact for calls and emails regarding Dispatch
- Updating customers on expected delivery delays
- Communicating/negotiating with relevant stakeholders around delivery issues and extra charges
- Managing and liaising with management around customer complaints
- Surcharge management and credit note processing
- Checking that all jobs scheduled for the day have been updated in the logistics system
- Following safety guidelines to ensure Drivers’ and public safety
- Manage Quality Alert customers with priority and adhere to customer, delivery or job site specifications
- Communicating with Drivers regarding any changes, cancellations
- Sending timely run-sheets to their respective branches and to the relevant Transport companies
Monday to Friday (you can offer flexibility to begin shift at 6am or 8am)
The position requires work on alternating Saturdays (6.00am to 3.30pm)
The ideal candidate
- A customer-centric attitude
- Ability to promote work safety practices
- Exercise good judgement based on information received
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Logistics, transport or supply chain management (preferred but not essential)
To apply for this position, you must have a visa or resident status that legally entitles you to work in Australia.
If this sounds like the right position for you, please click APPLY.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many years' experience do you have in the logistics, freight & delivery services industry?