- Job Listing Date
- 22 Aug 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
- $65,777.22 - $85,510.39 including super (this excludes O/T and compliance allowance)
- Fully maintained vehicle provided for work duties and access to private use via leaseback arrangement
- Work one weekend in a 4 week rotating roster (38 hours)
- Flexible work conditions including a RDO scheme
The City of Ryde is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Ranger to join our Ranger & Parking Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Compliance Ranger or person with exceptional skills looking for a change.
The position is responsible for the professional, effective and efficient delivery of regulatory and environmental enforcement services to ensure that activities and practices comply with Local and State Government legislative requirements and approval conditions. Compliance Rangers have a diverse range of functions including enforcement and education with environmental offences such as; illegal dumping and littering, erosion and sediment control, water pollution and backyard burning, footpath and road obstructions, abandoned vehicles and articles, heavy and light vehicle enforcement, companion animal issues such as dog attacks, impounding companion animals, investigating roaming dogs, barking dogs and minor offences, enforcement of heavy and light vehicles, respond to after-hours emergency calls, and to provide support to Council at festivals and public events.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- Experience as a Compliance Ranger or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Local Government (Regulatory Services), investigations or equivalent
- Knowledge of and extensive experience in the applicable components of the Local Government, State Government legislation and regulatory policy and procedures
- High level of customer service focus, and the ability to resolve conflicts/dispute
- Ability to present accurate clear, concise reports and correspondence
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Demonstrated skills in animal handling
- SEINS Certified (desirable)
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence
- Knowledge and understanding with a commitment to implement EEO, Ethical Practice and WH&S
Some weekend and after hours work may be required.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without “logging-out” of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process.
Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 8 September 2019 @ 11:30pm
If further information is required, please contact David Ngeru on (02) 9952 8262 for a confidential discussion, or see the Position Description.
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer