EVENT CONSULTANT | ADMIN ASSISTANT
Advertiser: Let Life Sparkle Events & HireMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Aug 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $25 - $29.99 per hour (Plus Super)
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
We specialise in weddings & events, corporate events, interior decor, and custom architecturally designed prop hire across NSW.
We have a family based environment and business ethic. We pride ourselves on quality products and services.
About the role
We are looking for a casual team member to join our small office 3-5 days a week. A great new role for an enthusiastic individual. As a growing company, this role will be a stepping stone for growth.
We are ideally looking for someone with an interior design, property styling, marketing, architectural or design background.
You will contribute to the overall success of the company by managing existing clients, bookings, developing new clients, as well as providing exceptional customer service.
You will respond to phone & email enquiries promptly and efficiently, plus completing data-base and file management with accuracy.
You will have a keen eye for detail, transferable skills, great work ethic, exceptional organisation, co-ordination & communication, with the client, your team, and director. A plus if you are creative, and love all things events!
You will also assist the director with booking client appointments/meetings, seeing in clients and deliveries as well as assisting warehouse staff with run sheets & packing lists. Sending out quotes, making bookings and finalising events will be on your daily schedule. You will occasionally have the opportunity to assist our stylist with styling events, and prepping for upcoming events.
A great opportunity to be a part of the 'behind the scenes' to each event, give your expertise to clients on decor items, and assist with the final outcome. If this opportunity appeals to you we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note - Only successful applicants will be contacted
Benefits and perks
15% Off your own Event hire / Styling
Close to Public Transport
Close to Cafe's and Restaurants
Monthly team Lunch at a Restaurant / Cafe (and other treats here and there).
New office fit-out.
Coffee machine (for the coffee lover).
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will ideally have;
- An interior design, property styling, marketing, architectural or design background.
- Phone sales / experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in an Events or interior decorating role.
- Excellent written & spoken English.
- Creative / attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with the client about our products and services.
- You will have admin/office experience (you will also be trained in the position).
- Keep in line with client budgets, objectives and expectations
- Maintain efficient channels of communications between clients, other vendors and venues.
- Highly organised and excellent time management skills and punctuality.
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft office.
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve.
- Ability to work autonomously and work collaborative as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to use a Mac hardware.
- Professional and personal integrity.
- A drivers license and own form of transport.
- A high level of commitment to service excellence and quality customer service skills; Proven ability to deal with competing demands whilst providing efficient service.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?