Student Support Officer
Advertiser: Wall Street CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Student Services
Wall Street College (WSC) RTO No.: 41294, CRICOS No.: 03601F, offers diverse vocational courses to both domestic and international students at its Melbourne and Hobart CBD campuses. Due to strong growth, we require the services of an experienced and knowledgeable Student Support Officer to join our Melbourne team starting immediately, to support our commitment to provide high quality education to our clients.
As a WSC Student Support Officer, you will have/are:
- High level of attention to detail and an ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service and/or administrative role
- Sound problem solving skills
- Computing competency and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Student Management Systems and/or PRISMs
- An understanding of the standards for RTOs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Be well-presented and have a professional demeanour
- Able to adapt well to changes and improvements
- Ability to meet conflicting priorities and to multi-task
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Experience in a similar Student Support role and fluency in Mandarin is highly regarded
Graduates are welcome and high desired.
As a WSC Student Support Officer, you are responsible for:
- Ensuring effective communication between the college and students
- Managing the student orientation process
- Developing and maintaining class schedules and classroom allocations
- Dealing effectively with student issues (as required)
- Monitoring academic progress and class attendance
- Implementing intervention strategies
- Acting as a key point of contact for students within the college
As a WSC Student Support Officer, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Full-time permanent role, Monday-Friday
- Competitive salary, dependant on experience and qualifications
- Modern work environment with up-to-date equipment and facilities
- Ongoing professional development and mentoring
- Close to Flinders Street station and city amenities
To apply for either of these roles, please submit your resume with accompanying cover letter in Word format.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have native or bilingual proficiency in any languages other than English?