AUDIO TRANSCRIPTION TYPISTS WORK Home Based for our Melbourne Office
Advertiser: Legal Transcripts Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Data Entry & Word Processing
We are a 100% Australian owned and operated company providing digital court reporting/ transcription services to courts and government departments within Australia. We have been successful for over 25 years and have an excellent reputation in the industry.
Due to our consistent growth, we now have several positions available in Melbourne for EXPERIENCED, fast and accurate home-based** court transcription typists. This is an excellent opportunity to join our well respected business and long term career opportunities are available.
**Home-based transcription typists will be contractors and must possess an ABN.
Please note that in order to be accepted as a home-based typist, you must:
a) have a legal background and/or experience in court transcription.
b) be willing to complete training for a minimum of four weeks.
The day to day work consists of transcribing a majority of court hearings and/or records of interview of a highly sensitive nature. Due to the nature of highly confidential and sensitive material, candidates are required to undergo thorough National Police and other security clearance checks.
We offer successful candidates excellent rates and a harmonious and friendly team environment. We value and respect all of our team members and as a result, have many long term members in our team.
In order to be successful in this role you will:
Be available for 4-5 days per week (Monday to Friday), between 9.30am/10am to 5.30pm - please note availability during these times is mandatory. (We are not seeking typists who cannot be available for at least 4 days per week throughout the year so uni students need not apply);
Be prepared to complete extensive security and police checks (mandatory);
Be already set up at home with the necessary computer equipment including footpedal, headphones and software (Microsoft Office 2013 and upwards preferred);
- Possess exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrate excellent English grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Possess intermediate level Microsoft Word skills;
- Be able to type at 85wpm minimum with 98% accuracy;
- Be experienced in using digital transcription software;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Have excellent time management skills and be able to work to strict deadlines;
- Previous experience in a similar role (legal transcription) will be highly regarded!
While successful applicants will receive extensive training in this position, we are looking for experienced, fast and accurate transcript typists. A speed and accuracy test as well as other pre-screening tests will form part of the interview process.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and your current resume, including your current typing speed and your acknowledgement of the need to undergo extensive security clearances. Due to the requirements of the security checks we can only accept the applications of those who are Permanent Residents or Australian citizens.
Due to the volume of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note: applications will be assessed as they are received. Applications will not be taken by phone.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your average typing speed?
- Do you have experience operating digital dictation devices?