Board Director VacancyPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Aug 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, Board Appointments
Expression of Interest
Board Director Vacancy
The Nomination and Remuneration Committee (Committee) of North Queensland Primary Healthcare Network Limited (NQPHN) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified applicants to fill a Director vacancy on the NQPHN Board.
NQPHN is a public company limited by guarantee incorporated under the Corporations Act. It is one of 31 Primary Health Networks funded by the Commonwealth Government throughout Australia.
NQPHN is an independent, not-for-profit organisation funded by the Australian Government to commission services to meet the health needs and priorities of our region. For further information, refer to our website: www.nqphn.com.au
A copy of NQPHN’s Constitution is available at
All applications will be considered and reviewed by the NQPHN Nomination and Remuneration Committee, and the recommended applicant will be considered for appointment at a General Meeting of NQPHN Members.
The Committee applies a skills matrix to assist with the process of assessing EOI applications and with making recommendations to members of NQPHN. The Committee will consider and make recommendations for several positions.
As part of the skills matrix process, preference will be provided to applicants who can demonstrate skills, experience, or capability in any of the following key criteria:
• Practicing lawyer (preferably in commercial law, and within the NQPHN footprint)
• General Practitioner within the NQPHN footprint
• General Practitioner (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander inside or outside the NQPHN footprint)
• Pharmacist within the NQPHN footprint
Your EOI application for this position should include:
• a written application of no more than two pages addressing any of the key criteria and, in addition, your knowledge and experience in health. This written application should also describe any perceived or actual conflicts of interest that relate to NQPHN (these are managed appropriately, however will help to inform the selection process).
• a current copy of your curriculum vitae.
To submit an EOI for this position, please email your application to John Rawnsley, the independent Chair of the Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9am, Monday 16 September 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.