Dog Walker and Animal Handler
Advertiser: Urban HerdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Urban Herd is a premium animal care organisation specialising in behaviour, nutrition, exercise and medical after care for all species. We are looking for a new team member to walk dogs and assist with one on one dog training walks as required on a casual basis in the Eastern Suburbs and Inner West of Sydney.
The role will involve driving short distances from one client to another in order to provide one on one dog training walks or small group walks. Many of the dog clients are undergoing behavioural modification programs so specific detailed approaches will be required.
* professional experience handling dogs of all sizes - positive methodology only
* your own car and driving license
*current NSW Police check
*ability to handle high pressure situations with exceptional problem solving skills
* a good sense of humour for city traffic and tight parking spots
* 10 - 25 hours availability per week in business hours Mon - Fri
*flexibilty for changing weekly rosters
* excellent communication skills with both people and animals
* a smart phone for taking pictures and using aps that provide daily work schedules
Qualifications in animal behaviour or medical studies a distinct advantage or the interest to pursue them.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for a student/nurse in the animal fields, as there is potential for career progression within the organisation. Remuneration will be based on experience.
Please send resume and cover letter outlining your response to the essential criteria as above.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected hourly rate?