Web Development / Graphic Design
Advertiser: DecoviewMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Aug 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
We are a fast-growing Gold Coast company that specialises in bespoke Australian made architectural metal products that are sold Nationwide.
We have an opening for a motivated, creative Wordpress Developer with a strong understanding of UI/UX design and some graphic design skills to deliver the best experience to the user.
This is a great opportunity to let your creativity flow as we have websites and are always developing new products and ways to bring our online presence into our marketing mix.
Working alongside our product design and sales team you will be responsible for maintaining and building our web presence, from portfolios, mini sites and shopping carts. The role is fairly autonomous and will give you a great opportunity to push your skills and make your mark with your Web/Design.
Our office / factory is based in Molendinar just 15 minutes from Surfers Paradise. The role is casual and flexible, with the possibility of turning into a full-time from next year as our online sales side of the business continues to grow.
- Work with our design, sales and outsourced web design / app developer resources to update and support our websites
- Create landing pages and microsites in Wordpress
- Ensure the front-end codebase is well organised and maintained to industry best practice to achieve the best outcome for user experience.
- Update and manage our third-party web presences on site such as Houzz, Pinterest, Bookmarc
- Ability to work on multiple projects with stakeholders unsupervised
- Optimisation for site performance and SEO
- Troubleshoot any issues on the VPS or back end.
- Develop a strong communication channel between our websites and networking partners
- At least three years proven experience in a similar role, or a good portfolio to show you have what it takes to drive a seamless online presence
- Solid knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/SCSS
- Experience with Wordpress for micro-sites and landing pages
- Excellent attention to detail and experience creating pixel-perfect layouts
- Adhere to web standards, accessibility, and SEO principles.
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices and how they can benefit a brand
- Great understanding of how to make a online presence work across multiple devises and browsers
- Great organisational skills including and the ability to respond to changing priorities, and work on managing competing deadlines
- Be motivated to create fantastic results and feel rewarded with your outcomes
Nice to Have:
- Adobe Creative Suite skills and the ability to create static marketing collateral that carry the message seamlessly from web to print
- Experience with e-commerce platforms and best practices especially Woo Commerce
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply, we really want your portfolio to speak for itself so please make sure we can get easy access to your recent and current projects you are the proudest of as well as your resume along with any relevant references. The start date is around the second week of September.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a web developer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years of front end development experience do you have?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?