Advertiser: PebmacMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Aug 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
Life's too short to be stuck in the wrong job. Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that gives you scope to create meaningful change?
About the Role:
Expertise, passion and dedication is the recipe to seeing your career soar.
Always on the hunt, negotiating is second nature to you.
Does your drive and passion propel you to get the best price, and ensure competitive market advantage for the business?
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the profitable procurement, timely delivery and inventory management of products for all categories including protein. You will work closely with field sales staff, the protein brand manager and category buyers to achieve the goals of the business.
You understand what good business looks like. You're a people person, ready to build high quality relationships.
Discover a different side of the buzzing food, beverage and hospitality industry, where new products and innovation are at the heart of every day and where you can offer solutions that genuinely make kitchens run more efficiently.
About the Company:
We are a dynamic food service company specialising in the supply of a broad range of products to all sectors of the catering industry throughout south east Queensland. We are a privately owned company with 150+employees, a fleet of 30 delivery vehicles, a state of the art distribution facility and significant plans for future development of the business. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and an innovative business culture.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Obtain best possible product costs, quality and service at all times
- Strive to obtain inventory and turn goals, while maintaining service levels and minimizing negative customer experiences
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to ensure product specifications are met and in compliance with all company requirements
- Work closely with other departments to accomplish job functions. Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with vendors
- Constantly review market trends and costs to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need
- Assess current inventory, market conditions, availability, and promotional impact to forecast order quantities and make recommendations to the sales and marketing team
- Conduct post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met
- Monitor, manage and resolve yield issues in the meat processing business
- Review and analyze daily and weekly data and reports to constantly stay in tune with the business
- Visit key customers to stay abreast of customer needs and market conditions
- Manage vendor account variance processes for ensure correct prices have been invoiced
- Actively engage and drive claims processes with vendors for products that do not meet specifications
- Actively respond to sales feedback about sourcing and developing new products to meet evolving customer needs
- Maintain all necessary department files and records
- Coordinate with warehouse operations teams to maintain the optimal product flow through the facility
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to predict and respond to rapidly developing internal and external customer needs and expectations
- Significant purchasing or vendor management experience in meat/FMCG industry
- Exceptional people leadership
- Problem solving skills
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have purchasing experience?