Caravan Park Management Couple
Advertiser: Valaze Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
We are a family-owned caravan park looking for an exceptional management team.
- Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated, personable and 'switched on'?
- Is ensuring guests have a wonderful holiday experience important to you?
- Do you have experience in a range of practical, 'handy-man' skills suitable to a caravan park environment?
- Are you available to start with us early November 2019?
Opportunity for motivated couple to manage one of the most beautiful and well-maintained caravan parks on the NSW South Coast – Beachcomber Holiday Park.
Beachcomber is located on the beachfront at Potato Point, between Narooma and Moruya – just 2.5hrs from Canberra and 4.5 hrs south of Sydney. Simply a stunning location!
Beachcomber is an eco-holiday park using solar power, harvesting our own water and managing our own septic system onsite. We have 90 caravan sites, 12 cabins all in very excellent condition and 40 annual holiday van sites.
Beachcomber has an extremely local customer base. To do well in this management role, you will need to be a real customer service professional – a genuine people person. Beachcomber has a 5 star Trip Advisor rating with 97% of reviews being excellent or very good. People enjoy staying with us and love our staff.
The successful management team will be required to undertake all activities in the Park including back office, reception, site bookings, on-site accommodation and facility cleaning, ground and accommodation maintenance, maintenance of complex systems such as bore and tank water, septic sewage and solar systems.
The successful applicants must have a minimum of three years' experience managing a holiday park. In your application, please highlight your experience dealing with the day-to-day management of a large caravan park including:
- Exceptional customer service and sales skills
- Responsive to customer's needs with excellent problem solving ability
- Self motivation and strong people manager
- Experience using of NewBook booking software (or similar)
- Experience and enthusiasm for growing customer numbers and income through marketing including social
- Strong practical skills in property and facilities maintenance
- Strong computer and administrative skills
- Experience in managing budgets and reconciling accounts
- Excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Driver's license is a must
It would be highly regarded if you could demonstrate:-
- Experience in management and maintenance of solar, septic and water systems
- Have or ability to get a Blue Card for safe working with children
- CPR and first aid qualifications
- Use of social media to engage customers and grow income
We are looking for couples/teams where one person has experience in front office and customer service and the other in grounds and maintenance. Previous experience in caravan park management is preferred.
Please note:- you will be required to live onsite. Due to our location within a national park, our management and guests are not permitted to have domestic pets onsite. Sorry!
You will be well supported to achieve highly in this challenging and rewarding role.
The initial contract is for a two-year period. An attractive remuneration package is on offer. Onsite accommodation, household utilities paid and a ute are in addition to the salary package. Start date is early November 2019.
How to apply
If you can demonstrate that as a team you possess all the skills above and you would like to express your interest in managing Beachcomber Holiday Park, please provide
- Letter of introduction addressing the above selection criteria and confirmation you can start the role in November
- A recent photo of you both
- Resume for both applicants
- Confirm you
We will short list candidates for Skype and face-to-face interviews late September.
Friday 27 September 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?