Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $48,000 - $52,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, café operator and retail brand. From its flagship location in Fitzroy, Industry Beans roasts daily for its own venues, a family of premium hospitality venues around Australia and a large online community.
From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand, with exciting opportunities coming up in Melbourne and interstate for hospitality professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
About the Role
Industry Beans is looking for a customer focused FOH Supervisor to deliver a market-leading experience. We are looking for an innovative and hands-on supervisor who has a modern approach to people management, influencing and achieving buy-in from the team. An individual who can embrace the company’s robust systems and champion the processes. You will work in the venue with your team and take ownership for all associated tasks and responsibilities of the venue. We place a strong emphasis on leading by example and are seeking an individual who understands how to effectively lead a team, bringing a coaching approach to develop team members and help them achieve their potential.
The ability to oversee and coordinate all service functions in the restaurant, check-in with customers and manage the customer service experience is crucial to success in this role. Further, the ability to manage costs, sales budgets and set targets for financial performance are crucial to success.
Working for Industry Beans
As an award-winning roaster and café, we offer:
- The opportunity to lead a strong and passionate team of baristas, waiters and supervisors
- An interesting and innovative approach to coffee and food
- Working with a leading Specialty Coffee Roaster with a cupping facility
- Ongoing support from a friendly, hands on Head Office team and experienced owners
- Advanced ongoing training
- Attractive remuneration
- The opportunity to grow within the business
To be successful in this role
The successful candidate will bring a professional, enthusiastic and positive approach. Possessing a commitment to delivering a high-quality hospitality experience and understanding the attention to detail required. A passion for specialty coffee and innovative food and will be looking for opportunities to share that passion with customers.
Industry Beans operates a well systemized, documented and structured business, and the successful candidate will follow and champion the existing systems and constantly focus on strategies to improve.
To be considered for this role you must possess the following:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- The ability to influence, manage and achieve buy-in from your team
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, customer service and leadership skills
- A strong work ethic with ability to meet and surpass KPI's
- Ability to use and embrace systems and software
- Proven experience in a similar position
- A passion for specialty coffee & hospitality
- Strong all-round FOH skills (service, waiting, hosting)
- A positive and professional demeanour
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you, please apply and submit your Resume and Cover Letter.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a restaurant manager?