Advertiser: Plain English FoundationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Aug 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Plain English Foundation is looking for a skilled IT administrator to join our small but growing team in the Sydney CBD.
This role involves supporting people with varying needs across multiple projects. You will:
- support our day-to-day IT needs and systems
- maintain our online presence.
You must show us you can:
- give timely, helpful support to staff and customers
- diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- operate in Apple Mac OS X, OS X Server and iOS environments
- use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) at an advanced level
- develop, upgrade, secure, backup and maintain web/application, database and email servers
- suggest changes to improve our systems and determine the requirements for these.
This is a full-time, in-house position. The salary starts at $55,000 a year plus super, depending on skills, experience and your performance in our aptitude test.
You must have:
- the skills listed under ‘The challenge’
- a relevant degree from an Australian university
- fluent English, both spoken and written.
Ideally, you can also:
- do shell scripting, SQL queries and report generation
- run technology training for staff
- draw on your past experience with learning management systems (such as Moodle) or content management systems (such as LifeRay).
About Plain English Foundation
We are Australia’s top plain English training and editing provider, and a major contributor to the development of plain language globally. We are based in the Sydney CBD, but work with leading government, corporate and not-for-profit clients across Australia and internationally.
Apply by Friday 27 September
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?