Editorial Manager/Senior Journalist
Advertiser: The Shepparton AdviserMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Sept 2019
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Editorial Manager (Full or Part Time)
The Adviser is currently seeking applications for an editorial manager/senior writer.
The position involves the planning, organising and carrying out of each weekly edition of the newspaper and requires excellent communication with all departments.
The successful applicant will help source news stories for each edition, work on the layout and placement of these stories, oversee the editorial department, including photography, as well as organise and conduct interviews and produce news stories of community interest in a timely manner.
Exceptional written, organisational and communication skills are a must and photography skills as well as connections/contacts across the broader community are highly beneficial.
An understanding or workable knowledge of Apple Mac operating systems and Microsoft programs is essential.
The following tasks relate to this position:
- Direct and co-ordinate editorial content for each edition
- General news reporting
- Community news gathering
- Feature writing
- News on the Arts
- Local Government reporting
- Developing key contacts throughout the community
- Caption stories. These are smaller editorials that accompany a photo in the form of a caption underneath a photo
- Work in closely with our photographer
- Proof reading
- Layout work (i.e. Liaising with our Production department and planning where editorials are placed in each edition to achieve the right order of importance and relevance)
- Photography (Digital) experience is an advantage but is not essential
- Website / Online experience
- You report to the Managing Editor and General Manager
For this rewarding position, the successful applicant must be passionate about writing, passionate about their community and possess excellent time management, organisational and customer service skills.
A “can do” attitude is also a must as is the need to be part of a team… an award winning team that is!
Please forward your application letter, resume and any relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Manager, PO Box 1664, Shepparton VIC 3630
The interview process for this coveted role has started, we are looking forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
** Only permanent Australian Citizen/Residents may apply.
The Shepparton Adviser is the Goulburn Valley region’s largest circulating community newspaper