Director - Munarra Centre for Regional Excellence
Advertiser: Rumbalara Football Netball ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Aug 2019
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- $160,000 - $180,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
The Munarra Centre for Regional Excellence (MCRE) will be a national, state-of-the-art centre designed as a hub of connection and transformation for Indigenous and non-Indigenous people across Australia and will be initially governed by the Rumbalara Football Netball Club (RFNC). Comprising a campus for excellence in sports, health sciences and education, the MCRE is unique in that it embeds Aboriginal culture across all curriculum and programs, positioning Indigenous knowledge transfer and cultural exchange as a national asset.
The MCRE will provide the community infrastructure required to acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of Aboriginal people in the Goulburn Murray region. The MRCE demonstrates how Aboriginal culture and leadership are critical to the sustainability of Indigenous Culture and the prosperity of Goulburn Murray communities.
As a senior role, it is expected that the Director, MCRE will lead advocacy efforts to promote MCRE at a regional, national and international level to identify high-impact collaboration and joint venture opportunities.
The position would be responsible for the development of a business case to recruit service delivery partners and create a strong investment narrative for new philanthropic and funding partners. The priority will be to attract the further necessary investment to realise the full vision of the MCRE and recruit partners with expertise in the areas of:
• adult and youth education and learning;
• science, technology and maths;
• business incubation and development;
• arts and culture; and
• sports and sport science.
With a strong attachment to and understanding of the local Aboriginal community, the position will also be embedded in the community to ensure constant alignment with the aspirations and expectations of the project.
With a strong focus on curriculum and cultural competency, within in an environment of shared culture and understanding.
With deep understanding of the purpose, governance structure and service delivery model of the MCRE, with an initial term of 2 years, and likely to be scoped to continue.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Strong understanding of Indigenous culture and knowledge and its place in Australia’s future.
- Experience working in Indigenous communities and with senior Indigenous leaders on social or economic reform initiatives.
- High level experience in organisational governance and company structures with demonstrated skills in financial and human resource management.
- High level people and project management skills, including high level stakeholder engagement and partnership management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to learn and understand issues facing Aboriginal people in the Goulburn-Murray region.
- An appropriate tertiary and/or postgraduate qualification of relevance e.g. Master of Business Management, Corporate Governance.
- Working proficiency with common IT, spreadsheet and database systems.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
In no more than two pages, please provide one or two examples of how your skills and experience match those required for the role.
Please send you CV and two-page statement on your skills and experience to:
Raelene Nixon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How many years of business management experience do you have?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?