Deputy State Manager
Advertiser: Better RehabilitationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Management
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Melbourne - any of our office locations
Who We Are:
At Better Rehabilitation, we are people people. We are committed to supporting people of all ages living with a disability or neurological disorder to help them live their best lives.
This commitment has benchmarked Better Rehabilitation as a premium NDIS provider, and to continue leading the movement of lifelong journeys for participants and staff alike, we are looking for a passionate and commercially-astute Deputy State Manager to manage a team of Allied Health Professionals in Victoria.
Our values are at the core of what we do. When you join our team, you will see that your colleagues embody our values of:
- We Get Sh*t Done!
Our participants and colleagues rely on us. We don’t waste time and work hard to help participants achieve goals they never thought possible.
- We are People People
We are proud to be an organisation free from politics and bureaucracy, and genuinely care about our interactions with one another and our participants. We take pride in treating each client based on their individual needs.
- Work Smarter, not Harder
We find ways to improve outcomes using the resources we have. Our team is diverse, and we leverage one another’s strengths to get the best result.
- Frankly, we Give a Damn
Working at Better Rehabilitation is a career, not a job. We are committed to providing you with the opportunity to make a difference to those in need.
Your New Role:
Under direction from the State Manager, the Deputy State Manager ensures the efficient management of their respective territory, including staff recruitment, management of Team Leaders, ensuring policies & procedures are adhered to, and managing the effective implementation of new initiatives.
We Value You:
Without you, there is no us. In order to provide the best support possible to our clients, we need to empower our team by providing workplace autonomy, flexibility, structured training and development initiatives, as well as strong opportunities for career progression. Our policies to achieve this include:
Training and Development:
- Access to industry leaders for structured on-the-job training, including weekly clinical supervision, onsite in-services and formal and informal feedback sessions
- An inter-disciplinary, internal mentoring program focusing on the holistic picture of your career
- Access to our regularly updated Professional Development Calendar to promote continuous learning in areas of interest.
- 4 days’ study leave each year as well as company financial support to attend external courses and events in areas that you are passionate about
- Our policy is to promote internally where possible. You will be informed about our internal pathways and coached to achieve your career goals with us
Supporting You through Work and Life:
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, interstate relocation opportunities, and long-term unpaid leave to pursue interests and events outside of work without breaking your continuity of service
- Access to external professional services for mental & emotional wellbeing through EAP, our confidential counselling support service
- Regular team bonding and celebrations of each other’s life events
- Access to flexible working arrangements to enable you to balance life and work
What we are Looking For:
We recruit on the philosophy of once a Better Rehabber, always a Better Rehabber. This means we have a strong focus on personality, cultural fit and long-term career potential. After all, we are a movement, and this is a career, not just a job. If you meet the below criteria, we would love to speak with you:
- You are driven, autonomous and passionate about pursuing your life and career goals
- You are a people person and want to be a part of something bigger
- You are adaptable, professional and a strong communicator
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology or Physiotherapy (essential)
- You have previous management experience within the healthcare sector
- You have your own car and a valid drivers’ licence
- You can provide evidence of:
- AHPRA/Speech Pathology Australia Registration
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
If you think this opportunity might be for you, click ‘Apply Now’ with your covering letter and CV. To learn more about Better Rehabilitation, please visit our website: https://betterrehabilitation.com.au/.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?