Advertiser: NewPsych PsychologistsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
An exciting opportunity exists for a fully registered Psychologist / Clinical Psychologist to join our friendly team in Newcastle CBD.
About the role
The positions are for at least one day per week up to full time.
We offer flexible working hours including early mornings, late evenings, as well as family friendly school hours.
As a member of our team, we provide you with professional reception, administration and marketing staff, as well as providing the referrals to allow focus on what you do best – clinical work in your areas of expertise.
- Dedicated to delivering the highest quality evidence-based counselling
- Committed to ongoing clinical supervision and professional development
- Fully registered
Benefits & Culture
- Freedom to focus on your area of clinical interest and also grow other areas of interest
- Lovely environment to work, share and learn from others
- Low turnover in staff due to the happy, friendly work environment - these roles are due to expansion
- Supported by highly trained administrative staff expert in working mental health so that you are fully supported in your clinical work
- Paperless practice with highly effective systems
- Independent and peer supervision encouraged and clinical supervision available towards membership of the APS Clinical College
- Option to be involved in corporate training and supervision
- Work in a team with experienced professionals including psychologists, an adult psychiatrist and a child psychiatrist
- Support of director and others in the team, at all times
How to apply
To express an interest in this role with NewPsych please email your CV to the Principal Tarnya Davis E: email@example.com or T: 02 4926 5005.
Please do not apply if you are not currently fully registered.
NewPsych Psychologists is a well-regarded and expanding practice located in the Newcastle CBD. We have been established for 22 years and have grown to a team of 27 psychologists and 2 psychiatrists - a child psychiatrist and an adult psychiatrist. It's such a lovely place to work that we have very low turnover – some of our psychologists have been with us for over 10 years.
NewPsych provides services for a wide range of clinical issues and hold a large existing referral source, including excellent relationships with GPs and many high profile EAP's in various industries including education (The University), health and mining. Our work is varied, including counselling, delivering training (if you're interested), critical response and clinical supervision.
We offer a work / life balance including flexible working hours, and individual and group clinical supervision to support you in taking care of yourself.
Our rooms are amazing! (https://vimeo.com/349610674/922a6bab37)
We are in the vibrant part of the city with a purpose built space, right down to a designated kids room, a tree, grass and greenery – even the sound of a rainforest in the halls. Once you see our practice you will want to stay – it is a respectful space for both clients and for you.
Visit our website www.newpsych.com.au for more information about us and to see the space
- How many years' experience do you have as a psychologist?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?