Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $48,000 - $55,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Bar & Beverage Staff
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, café operator and retail brand. From our flagship location in Fitzroy we roast daily for our own venues, a select network of wholesale clients around Australia, and a large online community.
From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand, with exciting opportunities for hospitality professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
We’re looking for a Full-time Head Barista to take ownership of the coffee program in our Flagship venue in Fitzroy. The right person will be experienced and passionate with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead a barista team to deliver the ultimate customer experience. Responsible for ensuring the quality and service of coffee is to the Industry Beans standards.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Develop and lead a passionate, experienced team of baristas
- Work with a leading specialty coffee roaster with an innovative approach to coffee and food
- Be supported by an award-winning roasting team, strong senior management team, and involved owners
- Benefit from attractive remuneration and incentives
- Grow within an exciting and fast moving company
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing, training and managing a team of baristas
- Managing the coffee program including liaising with the Industry Beans roastery, implementing recipes, maintaining service standards and communication
- Managing the retail sections and ensuring visual merchandising is maintained at a high standard
- Delivering an outstanding hospitality experience with both barista craftsmanship and customer engagement
- Supporting the FOH team with service and ensuring the customer is prioritised
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have:
- A customer focused approach to specialty coffee
- Minimum two years’ experience as a head barista in specialty coffee
- Strong experience developing and managing a team to deliver high-quality, consistent specialty coffee
- Experience working on a variety of different machines and different brewing styles
- A strong understanding of extraction profiling and implementing recipes
- Excellent latte art and the ability to train others
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Clear and effective communication
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your experience in the areas outlined above. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a barista?
- Which of the following types of coffee do you have experience preparing?