Training Officer - Locomotive Operations Focus
Advertiser: Puffing Billy RailwayMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Aug 2019
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Training & Development
About Puffing Billy Railway
Located in the picturesque Dandenong Ranges, Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's premier preserved steam railway. Operating on the original mountain track from Belgrave to Gembrook, this century-old train offers a range of fun-filled experiences for visitors young and old.
A major tourist attraction, Puffing Billy Railway attracts large numbers of both local and international tourists each year and operates every day except Christmas Day, thanks to the tireless efforts of more than 600 volunteers and a small team of dedicated staff.
About the Opportunity
Puffing Billy Railway requires a Training Officer to organise, plan and execute training sessions for our locomotive operators. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the education and certification of our drivers and firemen. You will also guide and instruct our on the job (OJT) trainers to create consistency of content in training sessions. We are looking for a team-oriented person with experience developing and delivering competency-based training with the ability to work with our volunteer workforce. Familiarity with locomotive engines is considered favourably.
Reporting to the Human Services Manager, this role would suit a person that enjoys working with a variety of people and likes the challenge of no two days looking alike.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Develop competency-based training and assessment programs for trainee firemen and drivers
- Oversee the practical training progress of trainee firemen and drivers
- Deliver a flexible training program to accommodate a voluntary workforce
- Support the development of OTJ trainers
- Develop and maintain a tracking and reporting process to ensure trainees achieve competency in a timely manner
This is a unique opportunity for a friendly, energetic, hardworking individual with great communication skills. As a well organised self-starter, you will be able to work with limited supervision.
You will have:
- Experience developing and delivering competency-based training programs
- The ability to coach on the job trainers
- Great time management, organisational skills and apt in problem solving
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders at multiple levels
Please note: Before commencing, you will need to hold a full driver’s licence, current employee Working with Children Check, participate in a National Criminal History Check and participate in a Category 3 Rail Safety Health Assessment Medical.
For further information and a position description see our website www.puffingbilly.com.au/careers/.
Apply via Seek by forwarding your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal candidate for this role. Applications will be assessed as received.
So what are you waiting for? If you are a looking for a new challenge in a unique environment - Apply Now!
You will be joining a child-safe organisation you are required to undergo a National Police Check, a Working with Children Check, and abide by our Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.
Puffing Billy Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities who have the relevant experience are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your preferred work type?