Digital Web Designer
Advertiser: Fox and LeeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- $55,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Design & Architecture, Web & Interaction Design
We are a rapidly expanding creative studio with a strong digital focus offering website design and development, digital design, SEO and SEM services. We have a full in-house creative team and are looking for a gun digital designer to not only join our team, but push the boundaries with web design and present some amazing design work after the creative briefing. We’re really looking for a digital designer that is confident in thinking outside the grid and understands the website world impeccably.
You must have solid experience in designing websites and you must understand the fundamentals of the user journey on websites, including how your web designs will be viewed on all devices (desktop, mobile and tablets).
This role would be suited to a mid-weight to senior position with the design skills and talent to create outstanding website/digital work.
Fox & Lee is a privately held independent studio and we are all extremely passionate about what we do. Everyone in our team works as part of a team and autonomously with the ability to solve problems as they arise, while producing stunning work with a smooth user journey.
If you are a creative digital designer who excels at solving problems on a digital platform, you can work out a UX maze and produces beautiful work then you will fit right in with our team. Your skills and the contribution you bring will be valued and will make a genuine difference.
What is on offer
- This is a 6 month fulltime position, with the opportunity to extend for the right candidate
- Ample free street parking and close to public transport
- We are open to flexible working hours to fit in with current commitments or family life
- You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects within different industry types
- You must have an exceptional portfolio of websites and digital projects
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in an agency environment, however if you believe you have the skills and confidence in UX with stunning website design then we would still love to hear from you.
- You need to have a clear understanding of the layout of your designs and how that effects the user experience, along with the user journey and placement of CTA's
- You need kick-ass design skills with high attention to detail that are worthy of winning awards
- The right candidate needs to be skilled at using the Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- You need an understanding of WordPress
- You must be aware of how your design will be coded into a working website
- You should possess very good decision making and problem-solving skills – we want you to think for yourself and work out a solution to problems that may arise during the design process.
- You will need to multi-task and learn quickly
- You need to have purpose and reason with your designs and be able to talk through your designs when presenting them to the digital strategist.
- You need to take feedback and criticism as part of the job
- You must have solid experience in designing websites and you must understand the fundamentals of the user journey on websites, including how your web designs will be viewed on all devices (desktop, mobile and tablets).
- You would work on a variety of digital projects including responsive web designs, UI/UX design, wireframing and presentation design
- The type of web projects that you would work on range from 10 page websites to 30 page websites, web apps and single lead pages.
- You will need to have a very clear understanding of a website layout including working with and without a grid structure, menu placement, CTA placement and the responsive nature of your designs
- The chosen designer should know how to simplify a complicated website experience while making it look beautiful
- You will work closely with our in-house developers to ensure your designs are clearly understood and can be coded correctly
- On occasion, you will be required to attend client meetings
- You will work closely with the digital strategist
- You will need to communicate clearly about your projects and propose new creative ideas
- You will need effective time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget. Eg: You need to think about how to tackle the project before you begin to ensure you don’t go over time.
- Ideally, it would be of benefit if you understood basic SEO and conversion rate optimisation as part of your design and how the layout of your designs effect SEO.
- Above all, you should love what you do and be passionate about your role as an exceptional digital web designer – if you are only designing for the sake of designing, then this role is not suited to you
- Please email your CV, including links to your portfolio and covering letter addressing how you meet the above criteria
- If your covering letter does not address the above “Requirement” and “Key Responsibilities”, your application will not be chosen
- Your portfolio should focus heavily on digital web design with examples of recent and current websites and digital projects
- Salary is based on experience and what you can bring to the company
Applications Close October 30th 2019, 6PM
Successful applicants that are short listed and who meet the criteria will be contacted and notified no later than September 29th – October 30th 2019.
During this period we ask for your patience and no phone calls at this stage – we will review all applications and contact those who are successful.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a designer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of graphic design experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?