Casual Room Attendant and Supervisor - Arkaba HotelPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Aug 2019
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Housekeeping
ROOM ATTENDANT AND SUPERVISOR
The Arkaba is a family owned and operated hotel with a long history as one of Adelaide's most iconic, innovative and successful hotel operations. We deliver an exceptional guest experience through warm and sincere service.
The hotel features 62 rooms, from standard rooms to penthouse suites, all renovated and maintained to excellent standards. In addition, the Arkaba boasts four function rooms, the award winning Sportys Bar and Arena, the Lounge Bar, the Ark Bistro serving meals from 7am to 10pm and modern Gaming Facilities. On top of this we continue to host an array of exciting events.
We currently have an opportunity for a casual room attendant who is capable of doing both cleaning shifts as well as supervisory shifts. The cleaning shifts involve cleaning public areas of the hotel as well as hotel rooms. When on supervisory shifts, additional tasks include checking rooms, allocating tasks to the team, communicating with staff and other departments as well as hands on cleaning of rooms and hotel facilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a housekeeper who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Cleaning of accommodation rooms, public areas, function rooms and other hotel facilities.
- Ensuring all accommodation rooms are cleaned to a high standard.
- Allocating tasks to the team, and effectively communicating these to the team.
- Ensure the smooth running of the shift.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure the effecting management of the shift.
- Assisting and keeping track of spring cleaning tasks.
Skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a housekeeping role, supervisory experience preferred.
- Experienced, enthusiastic, fit and energetic.
- Friendly and professional work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and guests.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHS&W requirements and safe chemical use.
- Meticulous attention to detail to both cleaning and personal presentation.
- Able to prioritise tasks and work without supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, early mornings and public holidays.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- Are you available to work public holidays?
- How many years' experience do you have as a housekeeper?