Catering & Events Coordinator
Advertiser: STREATMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
‘Tastes good, Does good’.
STREAT is a Melbourne-based social enterprise that helps disadvantaged young people with a healthy self, healthy job and healthy home. The organisation runs a growing portfolio of hospitality businesses where young people get their workplace training, and customers get amazing food, events and coffee.
About STREAT catering
While still young, STREAT catering has achieved an excellent reputation and a loyal customer base for our daily and event catering – and we’re growing all the time! We aim to source high quality, local ingredients wherever possible and make all our own bread. With the team now growing rapidly, we’re looking for a Catering and Events Coordinator to help lead and further build this business, and the goodness it can do.
STREAT’s catering and events company is located at our flagship site in Collingwood which also houses a café, artisan bakery and coffee roastery.
About our team
We’re a growing team of nearly 100 – mainly baristas and chefs – but also youth workers, social workers and a bunch of admin and support staff. Our team has four key traits: We dream big about changing the world, we’re creative in how we try and solve problems, we all roll up our sleeves and get stuff done - and we have fun doing it!
About the role
You’ll be part of the small but dedicated team responsible for the delivery of all of STREAT’s catering and events business, with a focus on sales and business development. Through your role within the customer service team you’ll provide an exceptional customer experience and a nurturing training environment.
- Manage inbound and outbound sales leads for all functions and events
- Coordinate a high quality catering and events offer and promote the STREAT brand
- Develop and execute successful sales strategies to grow the catering and events business
- Maintain quality control and manage and respond to customer feedback
- Responsible for client communications, conflict resolution and compliance
- Responsible for staffing and running on-site and off-site events
Your skills, experience and attitude:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role in functions, catering or events
- A passion for using your skills to bring about positive social and environmental change
- An unerring determination to deliver a high quality product
- Be well organised, self-motivated and have an ability to work independently
- Be able to motivate and lead a small team
- High computer literacy, with strength in MS Office (and equivalent) and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- An ability to form strong relationships, communicate effectively and engage people in the sales process
- Exceptional personal presentation
- A great knowledge of food and beverage
- Current driver’s licence (preferably manual)
- RSA certification
What we need from you
Please don't write us a long application, but instead, send us:
- A letter outlining why you really want to join our team and addressing core duties and experience
- Your current CV
Please note the appointment of a successful applicant will be subject to a clear Working with Children Check.
STREAT values diversity and inclusion. We promote an equal opportunity workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions. We specifically encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, applicants of non-binary or transgender, LGBTQIA+ people, women and applicants from diverse culture backgrounds to apply for this position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?