CAAMA Music Label Coordinator
Advertiser: Central Australian Media AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Aug 2019
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- $60,000 - $64,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Management
Are you analytically minded, a great communicator, extremely organised and have experience in the music and entertainment industry? Are you self-motivated with drive to accomplish multiple tasks at once and take on a challenge? CAAMA Music with a 40 year heritage of giving indigenous artists a voice and a platform is searching for a new Label Coordinator to take charge of label operations and obligations. Working closely with the artist development manager and reporting directly to the General Manager you will be taking care of all label operations, current artists along with signing new talent to the label. Based in Alice Springs but being able to travel when necessary the successful applicant will enjoy all that central Australia has to offer, from the majestic MacDonnell ranges to the thriving live music and art scene. Come, make a difference and work with endangered languages and talent artists. Together we will bring them to the world.
1. Manage CAAMA Music label business and artist career development
2. Build and maintain CAAMA Music’s profile digitally through networking activities to promote and grow positive relations with the music industry
3. Engage and promote Community artists to preserve aboriginal language and culture
4. Actively seek funding and business opportunities consistent with CAAMA’s strategic plan
1. Plan and manage activities associated with artist signing & label product development & label contract management.
2. Manage grant funding applications and reporting
3. Undertake project management activities as required to deliver against grant funding obligations
4. Coordinate Artist and repertoire (A&R) activities in conjunction with Artist Career Development Mgr .
5. Remote travel communities within the CAAMA licence footprint to attend events and identify& asses future “Artist Signing “ opportunities.
6. Coordinate & deliver CAAMA Music Label publicity activities on all digital platforms to industry stakeholders including wholesale & retail distributors.
7. Coordinate with sales, distributors accounts departments and clients to deliver timely royalties distribution associated with publishing ,licencing and sales.
8. Manage artist and collection society reporting
9. Apply cultural understanding and awareness in the workplace.
10. Participate as an effective team member within CAAMA to build strong industry relationships and employment opportunities for Aboriginal people.
11. Apply safe working practices at all times.
1. Demonstrated experience in, the music industry with specific focus on music label operations, artist management, marketing and publicity.
2. Demonstrated high-level organisational and administrative skills including attention to detail.
3. Demonstrated capacity to work as a member of a large and diverse team of internal and external stakeholders.
4. Demonstrated communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and organisational skills.
1. Knowledge of country and language groupings of Central Australia.
2. Identifies, and is accepted, as a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island heritage.
1. Relevant qualification and/or certification.
2. Knowledge of indigenous Music Industry.
Please contact Rob Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?