Web Designer & Developer
Advertiser: Start DigitalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
About the business
Start Digital is an innovative web and digital agency with an opening for a creative Wordpress Developer. If you have a good understanding of UI/UX design and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite we'd love to hear from you.
We're looking for a designer with demonstrated experience in creating fresh, modern websites. You will be responsible for designing and building new small business, corporate and ecommerce sites and helping to maintain existing client sites.
Our current client base includes Yahava Coffee, Audiofly Headphones, 360 Health & Community, Move Homes and Inventium.
About the role
We're looking for the right person/people and are open to full or part-time working arrangements. Preference will be given to applicants that can provide examples of their web work and creativity in a portfolio. The role will involve:
- designing and developing unique WordPress sites using the latest tools
- making changes to existing client sites when requested
- understanding a wide variety of business types and being able to interpret their digital needs
- liaising with the team on a wide range of projects
- providing support to other areas of the business including account management and client liaison where required
Benefits and perks
We reward hard work and drive with a competitive salary, a wide variety of projects, a great office location, daily coffee from Sayers Little Brother and the freedom to think so far out the box you'll need Google Maps to find your way back.
Skills and experience
To succeed in the role you will:
- Have at least 12 months proven experience in a similar role, or a good portfolio to show you have a strong understanding of modern web design
- Have demonstrated experience working with Wordpress, plugins, page builders, design tools
- Know your HTML from your CSS and be able to apply code within the Wordpress framework
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and/or similar
- Be creative! We welcome unique creative thinking, imaginative solutions and people that appreciate cool digital stuff
- Be self motivated and not shy away from hard work. There is always something new happening and you'll need to be able to deliver high quality work on pretty tight timeframes.
- Help out whenever needed in all areas of the business - we're small so need to be flexible
- Be confident and friendly in verbal and written communication
- Be well organised and have excellent attention to detail
- Understand the elements that work together to make a perfect website
- You must be available to work onsite in our Perth office.
- PR or valid working visa required.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Recruitment companies need not apply.
- Please include a Cover Letter with your portfolio and/or CV.
- Only shortlisted applicants will receive a response.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a digital designer?