- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Racecourse Operations Manager – Morphettville Racecourse
- Create exciting customer experiences at South Australia’s premier Racing Venue & Events destination
- Lead and develop others through an exciting phase of change
- Engage with key stakeholders to maximise venue productivity and growth
About the Company
Morphettville Racecourse is part of The South Australian Jockey Club, and is South Australia’s premier racing facility, playing host to 55 days of racing action throughout the year. The club employs approximately 70 permanent and up to 400 casual staff that supports the management of major sporting, conferencing and social events. These staff are spread throughout hospitality, administration, maintenance and the Club’s external entertainment venue – The Junction. The racecourse has a restaurant along with 22 function spaces which are a recognised destination for conference and events business.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a unique opportunity for a talented and passionate individual to deliver a high level of service by leading the track, grounds, maintenance team and contractors in the delivery of a broad range of services provided by the Club to trainers, industry stakeholders and conferencing and events clients. The role is responsible for ensuring that the Club has a focus on best practice by improving efficiency and reducing costs whilst still delivering an outstanding customer experience, horse training facilities and training tracks and facilities to the highest standard. The successful candidate will develop and implement business strategies for the operations group that aligns with the Club’s Strategic Plan and support this by developing and refining business systems and processes.
With substantial experience in the operational, management and planning requirements of commercial venues, you will be a leader with a proven ability to delegate and motivate others in a customer focussed environment.
Strong project management, time management and problem solving skills will allow you to take a systematic approach to venue operations and to deliver desired outcomes for your stakeholders. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will assist you to develop positive relationships with colleagues, site contractors, community and commercial partners, and your energetic, proactive and solutions-focused approach will ensure that you can deliver across this broad and diverse role.
- Providing strong leadership and direction for the group including Strategic and Business Planning
- Delivery of high level facilities and infrastructure
- Stakeholder management and compliance
- Managing work, health and safety for the Operations Team
- To develop and deliver annual strategic, business and operational plans, monitoring and reporting progress to the CEO.
- Monitor and ensure the department’s performance and finances in accordance with the budgets approved by the Board of Directors.
- Maintain visible and high profile presence with key clients, trainers and stakeholders.
- Drive the culture of the team in line with the values and objectives of SAJC.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Recognised business management qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to work at a strategic level.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to develop and implement new systems and processes.
- Proven experience in facilities and maintenance management at a senior level.
- Experience in successfully leading, motivating and inspiring a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong business relationships.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Racing experience/ knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Please submit your resume and covering letter outlining your ability to undertake this unique and exciting opportunity to Tamara Armstrong, People, Culture & Safety Coordinator. For a copy of the Position Description, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close on 20 September 2019.