Advertiser: Charltons LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Law Clerks & Paralegals
Charltons Lawyers was established in 1885 and has a long association with the Bundaberg District.
Our firm provides legal services to a range of clients in the Bundaberg and Wide Bay region including advice on business and commercial matters, farming and property development. We also provide general legal services such as court representation, estate planning, the administration of deceased estates, conveyancing, and family law.
We are looking for a person, preferably a law student, to join our busy but family-oriented practice to provide assistance in our conveyancing and family law areas. The position is a hands on role that will see you contributing to real work and helping to achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
The suitable candidate will:
- Have the ability to learn quickly and follow direction;
- Liaise with clients, banks, solicitors and others as required in a professional and efficient manner;
- Excellent time management and file management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks;
- Possess advanced written English language and numeracy skills;
- Have an eye for detail and be able to manage multiple tasks with a calm, cheerful and can-do attitude;
- Possess the ability to work positively within a team and autonomously;
- Be able to work within our core values and be committed to growing the reputation of our firm;
- Be able to learn our modern practice management software, client and matter databases.
Past or current academic studies in law or legal studies will be highly regarded.
If you would like to develop your career in a friendly and focused team environment, under the guidance and mentorship of experienced practitioners we encourage you to apply.
Applications including cover letter, curriculum vitae, references and academic transcript should be addressed to:
Mr Jack Jones
PO Box 518
Bundaberg Qld 4670