- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Systems Accounting & IT Audit
Bring your previous Finance Systems Accountant experience into this fulfilling role and join a flexible supportive team environment in the aviation industry.
About Our Business
Alliance Airlines is an airline services company providing charter aircraft operations to Australia's leading businesses including the resources sector, corporate and business group travel, sporting teams, Government, Inbound and domestic tourism and services for our major domestic airlines.
We operate from bases in Brisbane, Townsville, Rockhampton, Cairns, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and Melbourne with a focus on delivering operational excellence to all of our clients.
An exciting opportunity exists within our Finance team for a Finance Systems Accountant. The successful applicant will be an expert in TechnologyOne with experience in a similar role.
You will be the sole individual in this role giving you the flexibility to make the role your own and be proactive in implementing positive change through problem solving, system development and integrations in the interest of the future direction of the company.
This role will suit an applicant who enjoys cross functional working relationships where you will work strategically with various departments such as IT, Engineering and Procurement.
The aim of this role is to deliver an integrated financial system that efficiently delivers timely and relevant reports along with enhanced management and analytical tools. Your business mindset will also allow you to look laterally at the business and recommend and implement process changes where appropriate.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Functional systems administration of TechnologyOne
- Assisting end users with data extraction and report building
- Understand and remain well informed of all finance related processes within the business
- Gather business requirements for future phases of Technology One development
- Take on ownership of the systems functional architecture
- Train end users
- Be the key finance lead in understanding business systems and how maximum efficiency can be achieved
- Prepare quality and meaningful documentation when required
To be successful you will meet the criteria noted above and also meet the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in finance, business or commerce
- Strong aptitude for application (technological) problem solving
- Proven ability to collate and analyse complex data
- Demonstrated willingness to work as a team member and to lead by example
- Experience hosting requirements gathering exercises (desirable)
- Experience training others both one on one and in a group setting (desirable)
- Project management qualification or experience (desirable)
Alliance Airlines is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are a merit based organisation that supports local communities to offer long term sustainable employment based on delivering a safe aviation operation.
To submit your application in strict confidence, please apply now