Part-time Administrative Assistant
Advertiser: Lucid Consulting AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Kick start your career at a professional services company! Lucid is one of Australia's fastest growing national engineering practices with 200 staff across offices in Adelaide, Alice Springs, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
We are now seeking a part-time Administration Assistant to join our Darwin office to provide ongoing office support to our Northern Territory Regional Manager, Management team and engineers. The position is 24-30 hours per week. This role has the opportunity to become full-time dependent on future workload.
The role requires a candidate who is willing and able to carry out a broad range of administrative office management tasks with initiative, resourcefulness, and commitment to Lucid’s values. The candidate will have the ability to operate without direct supervision or support, however, effective communication with other commercial staff nationally and company stakeholders will also be required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering and directing all phone calls in a professional and friendly manner.
- Greeting incoming clients and preparation for client meetings.
- Word processing and formatting of documents for managers and technical staff.
- Flexibility to assist with a wide range of administration tasks as required.
- Organising travel arrangements, staff training and management of office events.
- Performing other duties as required to ensure the smooth operation of the office.
- Maintaining databases and updating systems as required.
- Manage document control processes.
- General administration duties.
Essential attributes include:
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Proficient use of word, excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Experience with accounts support including preparation of invoices, debtor and creditor processing, reporting and reconciliation.
- Experience with preparation of fee submissions, reports, letters and general office correspondence.
Desirable attributes would include:
- Previous experience in construction/ building industry.
- Experience with preparing fee proposals / submissions.
The successful applicant will have:
- A high attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and work ethic.
- Strong time management skills.
- High school or Tertiary qualification
This is an exciting and diverse role in a fast-paced environment with an excellent workplace culture and career progression opportunities.
Please apply online, providing a detailed covering letter outlining your skills for the position and attach your resume and academic transcript.
Applications close 2 October 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?