Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $50,000 - $60,000
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, café operator and retail brand. From its flagship location in Fitzroy, Industry Beans roasts daily for its own venues, a family of premium hospitality venues around Australia and a large online community.
From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand, with exciting opportunities for hospitality professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
Opened in March this year, Industry Beans York St. is an architecturally designed dine-in and take away venue in the CBD, offering a full brunch menu and exciting coffee program including espresso, filter, signature drinks and retail coffee. Trading 7 days a week, it’s a destination for office workers, food & coffee lovers, weekend brunchgoers & tourists alike.
We’re looking for a Café Manager to take ownership of our Sydney cafe. The right person will be experienced and passionate with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead a team to deliver the ultimate customer experience.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Develop and lead a team with the support of the Industry Beans brand
- Work with a leading specialty coffee roaster with an innovative approach to coffee and food
- Be supported by a strong senior management team and involved owners
- Benefit from attractive remuneration and incentives
- Grow within an exciting and fast moving company
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing a positive team culture, consistent with the Industry Beans brand values
- Developing and maintaining a high-quality product offering, with ongoing staff education and appreciation for quality and attention to detail
- Driving staff to provide an outstanding service experience
- Managing the venue’s administration, systems and ordering
- Using weekly and monthly reporting standards to improve venue performance
- Identifying opportunities to increase sales and improve the customer experience
- Ensuring that the venue is well maintained and identifying any maintenance issues
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have:
- A passion for specialty coffee and hospitality
- At least two years’ experience in a similar management role
- Strong all-round FOH and barista skills
- A passion for creating the ultimate customer experience
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, customer service and leadership skills
- A strong work ethic with the ability to meet and surpass KPIs
- Both an ability and enthusiasm to manage systems and software
- A current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (desirable)
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate (desirable)
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your experience in the areas outlined above. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?