Advertiser: Umwelt Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
Due to continued growth within our business, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Environmental Consultant.
- Vibrant team culture
- Diverse project opportunities
- Strong organisational values
- Opportunities for career progression
About the role:
Our team is expanding in response to growing opportunity and demand and we are seeking an Environmental Consultant with a desire to continue to develop skills delivering a wide variety of environmental impact assessment and environmental management projects in NSW. You will operate as part of our Environmental Assessment and Management team helping deliver projects across a range of sectors including resources, industry, Defence, renewables and infrastructure. You will work as part of our strong Newcastle based team of 25+ environmental planners and scientists, providing you with strong mentoring and support for you to grow your experience and technical knowledge.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Environmental Scientist or Planner who is early in their career and is looking to develop their project management and technical skills in delivering environmental assessment and management projects. You will have:
- A degree/post graduate qualification in environmental science, planning or related discipline
- Recently graduated or have up to 3 years impact assessment and/or environmental management experience (in consulting would be an advantage)
- Strong technical aptitude and project management skills
- Adaptability to undertake a range of technical work based on project requirements
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive team and client relationships
- Organised, motivated and self-directed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NSW planning and environmental legislation is desirable.
What we offer:
- A role working alongside highly experienced professionals that can support you to grow and develop professionally.
- Opportunity to work across a range of sectors on diverse and technically challenging projects.
- Opportunity to progress and develop within a supportive team environment.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional and national clients. Our highly skilled team works across Australia in sectors including resources, Defence, infrastructure, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria apply via SEEK. Your application should include a Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Bianca Lockett on 02-4950 5322.
Applications close 24 September 2019, however, we will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?