Marra Worra Worra Independent Director
Advertiser: Marra Worra Worra Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Broome & Kimberley
- Work Type
- Part Time
- CEO & General Management, Board Appointments
Marra Worra Worra Aboriginal Corporation
Meetings – 4 to 6 times pa, plus sub-committee meetings as/if required.
Onsite – Fitzroy Crossing WA 6765.
The role of the Independent director is an important aspect to the composition of the Marra Worra Worra Aboriginal Corporation (MWWAC) board, ensuring the appropriate mix of expertise and experience is maintained.
Expressions of interest are invited from experienced executives motivated to contribute and participate in the governance, leadership and commercial oversight of MWWAC in its important role in securing the living standards and well-being of Aboriginal people in the Fitzroy Valley.
The MWWAC board comprises 10 members, and 2 board-appointed independent directors.
Prior board experience is preferred and persons with expertise and/or interest in Aboriginal community services are encouraged to apply. Applications from individuals with finance, legal, business or other professional backgrounds will be highly regarded. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong understanding of the role of the board, executive and stakeholder partners in the strategic and commercial oversight of an organisation.
Ideally, candidates will have expertise and skills in the areas of:
- have experience in corporate leadership, strategic planning, policy development and high-level decision making.
- have qualifications, experience and expertise in financial management and investments, law or business management.
- be familiar with or genuinely willing to learn about contemporary Aboriginal communities and issues affecting them.
- be able to develop the corporate proficiency of fellow directors within the applicant’s area of expertise.
- promote the respect of the spiritual forces and safeguard the cultural knowledge associated with the lands
- display a genuine desire to work with Fitzroy Valley people.
- Completed or prepared to complete a Company Directors course.
- Are culturally attuned to decision-making processes.
- demonstrate commitment and promote respect for MWWAC the vision, goals and values.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.
The board are committed to establishing a sustainable self-sufficient future for all the Fitzroy Valley people.
Candidates should also show a commitment to high standards of integrity and ethics.
Typically, independent directors will be required to attend approximately four to six board meetings in a year and may be required to attend sub-committee meetings as well.
Please note: To be eligible applicants must not have any other interest or relationship which could be reasonably perceived as materially interfering with their ability to act in the best interests of MWWAC and independently of MWWAC management.
Please submit your application for the MWWAC Independent Directors position, inclusive of a CV and covering letter addressing to:
Deputy CEO – Antonio Giometti
Post: PO Box 35, Fitzroy Crossing WA 6765 (Marked Confidential)
Closing Date: Friday 27 September 2019.
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?