Residential Youth Worker
Advertiser: Hope Support ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Sept 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
HOPE Support Services is a charitable organisation seeking employees who align with our company values; Progressive, Collaborative, Compassionate, Dedicated, and Inspired. We want individuals who enjoy being 'hands on' when helping people, striving to achieve positive outcomes.
HOPE Support Youth Workers work with Young People in residential placements and within the community. We support Young People from diverse backgrounds, ages, and are experienced with dealing with complex to extreme behaviours.
At HOPE Support Services, we recognise people want autonomy in their role, while being empowered with the right supports and tools to perform their tasks. We have worked hard to create an environment that allows this for our staff, and engage individuals who see this as a lifestyle choice and not simply a job.
As a HOPE Support Youth Worker, responsibilities and duties include (but are not limited to):
- Work weekday and weekend hours, including sleepovers as is necessary for case needs
- Work in a range of environments; in homes, in the community
- Work with a range of stakeholders; parents, young people, kinship/foster carers, Department of Child Safety, other essential Service Providers
- Attend stakeholder meetings, appointments, staff meetings
- Have high knowledge of individual cases, following case goals and plans as directed by your supervisor to deliver outcomes
- Reporting; following policy and legislative requirements. Detailed written reports with online tools provided, verbal reporting where required
- Link Young People in with appropriate networks and services where required
- Attend necessary training
- Implement principles and strategies to role model, mentor and teach Young People necessary life skills
- Maintain professional conduct along with HOPE values at all times
We are currently looking to hire Youth Workers to fill positions in our residential placements in the following regions:
Gold Coast and surrounding areas
Brisbane and Surrounding areas
Logan and surrounding areas
If you think you match the above criteria, and would enjoy and actively assist Hope Support in its Vision of 'Empowering Individuals, Keeping Families Together and Young People Positively Engaged', then we would like to hear from you!
**Successful Applicants require the following:
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children Check)
- Recent Police Check
- Must have minimum Certificate IV or higher in Youth Work or Community Services related industry
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Minimum of 12 months experience in youth work (residential setting), or similar industry
- Current valid driver's license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness and understanding of Child Protection Act, Charter of Rights, Standards of Care
- Ability to build rapport quickly and maintain relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Ability to work a range of shifts including sleepovers and weekend work
Please forward your current resume with cover letter to email@example.com
For any further information please contact Joseph Phillips on 0404 377 812
Competitive Salary package including Salary Sacrificing options discussed during the interview process.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?