Degree Laboratory Technician (Microbiology)Private Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the business
The position is for a Laboratory Technician (Food Microbiology) to join our onsite team at our client's state-of-the-art food production facility at a suburb north of Adelaide.
About the role
Duties of the successful candidate will include:
Receiving, labelling and analysis of food and associated environmental samples.
Analysis of food sample via PCR, traditional and rehydratable film procedures.
You will prepare and QC microbiological media and solutions:
You will prepare test and laboratory reports:
Maintenance and calibration of equipment.
You will maintain good housekeeping and contribute to a clean and orderly laboratory environment.
Benefits and perks
This is a full time role.
Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid full Australian work rights.
Skills and experience
YOU MUST HAVE a Degree qualification in Science (preferably Microbiology).
• Candidates having experience in a similar role, preferably food testing is desirable; molecular testing experience is desirable.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?