- Job Listing Date
- 5 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Management
Access Community Services Limited (ACSL) is Australia's leader and specialist in settlement, employment, training and youth and social enterprises for migrants, refugees and mainstream clients, in Queensland, particularly in the South East. As a community based, not for profit organisation limited by guarantee, we boast over a 30 year history of serving our local community which was originally established in Logan in 1984. We are committed to fostering community development, youth, settlement and employment initiatives and to providing personal support programs to address the needs of disadvantaged youth and community groups including migrants, refugees, humanitarian entrants and visa holders.
Brisbane Multicultural Arts Centre, BEMAC is a multi-art form producer, presenter and promoter of culturally diverse artists, arts and music. BEMAC delivers an annual program of developmental and performance platforms and manages the Queensland Multicultural Centre (QMC), a venue through which all Queenslanders can share their diversity.
Located within the prominent inner city Brisbane suburb of Kangaroo Point, QMC operates one large theatre / multi use performance space as well as a number of function spaces and multi-purpose rooms suitable for a wide range of events, meetings and seminars. The venue also features a kitchen, box office and bar.
In 2015, BEMAC merged with Access Community Services Ltd (ACSL), retaining DGR status and registration as a public company limited by guarantee with Access as the sole shareholder.
Through a strategic approach focused around growth, development and delivery, BEMAC’s QMC Venue & Business Development Manager proactively manages the business, bookings, operations and development of the QMC.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the venue, and reporting to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Creative Industries you will:
- Engage widely with the multicultural, corporate and government sectors in order to grow booking opportunities, develop new partnerships and promote the venue;
- Run the day to day operations of the venue (in conjunction with the bookings co-coordinator);
- Lead the venue team in ensuring all bookings are delivered professionally, successfully and within budget;
- Manage and build upon all relationships with existing bookers and stakeholders.
Requiring robust organisational and financial management, and working closely alongside the BEMAC Program Manager, the role plays an important part of the leadership team of BEMAC and ACSL in an era of exciting growth and development.
This is a Brisbane based fixed term full time contract for 9 months (maternity leave cover).
- Source and cultivate new partnership and venue booking opportunities for BEMAC and the QMC;
- Cultivate and manage complex hirer relationships using effective negotiation to ensure the ongoing enhancement and growth of the reputation of BEMAC and the QMC;
- Manage and maintain multicultural community and regular hirer relationships to ensure continued mutually beneficial business growth;
- Maintain strong relationship with State Government, including in-house Facility Manager;
- Manage venue operations effectively including:
- Manage and work closely with the venue Bookings and functions coordinator to oversee all bookings, quotes, contracts and invoices for events and to ensure efficiency and accuracy in responding to hirer needs and ensure appropriate staffing and venue operation;
- Ensure a safe and positive experience for all users of the venue at all times including licensing and statutory requirements, WH&S, fire safety, liquor licensing, risk reduction, BCC food licensing and employment standards;
- Oversee casual staffing including recruitment, training, timesheets;
- Support the BEMAC program manager to deliver BEMAC programmed events at the venue;
- Manage all venue budgets and financial reporting to clients, BEMAC, ACSL and State Government;
- Manage and monitor all equipment, resources and bar and kiosk stock;
- Liaise with the in-house State Government Facilities Coordinator to efficiently manage venue assets;
- Develop and oversee an ongoing exhibition program at the QMC.
To be successful you must possess
- Minimum 5 years experience in a venue management role, preferably within a similar venue and cultural sector;
- Exceptional high level of attention to detail for the overall management of multiple day-to-day bookings to ensure accurate quotes, contracts and invoicing to support the venue bookings & functions coordinator;
- Demonstrated experience in robust financial management including, budget development, cash flow management, EOFY & EOM reporting, review and analysis to minimize business loss and identify opportunities for growth;
- Proven ability and experience working with multiple online softwares & platforms including Function Tracker, Xero, POS or the like;
- Demonstrated experience in diversifying venue revenue streams & strategies for increased economic business growth;
- Demonstrated experience and strong knowledge of State Government legislation and local Council by laws compliance in relation to managing a venue;
- Demonstrated experience in identification and management of risk and safety concerns and a sound knowledge of WH&S legislation and the potential issues involved in managing hirer’s use of the venue;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of venue policies, procedures & guidelines and;
- Ability to review & refine existing procedures & guidelines to enhance workflow processes and increase efficiency;
- Demonstrated ability to nurture and build strong relationships with State Government representatives of the venue with consistent and transparent communication foster a mutually beneficial relationship for the benefit of the venue;
- Demonstrated experience in management of Front of House operations including box office, bar & kiosk and ushering;
- Be readily available on call after hours and weekends as required to assist venue staff and hirers during events;
- Demonstrated ability to manage all venue staffing and administrative functions;
- Strong knowledge of technical production requirements for a diverse range of events to be able to accurately understand event needs and to ensure successful delivery of all events within the venue;
- Ability to contribute to BEMACs creative program and projects;
- Ability to contribute to the leadership team of BEMAC and ACSL to achieve social and economic benefits for the organisation;
- High Computer Literacy skills including strong skills in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word);
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management or similar;
- Tertiary qualifications or experience in Events Management or similar.
- Fire Safety Adviser Certification;
- Approved Liquor Manager Certification;
- Current Australian Open Driver’s License;
- Current First Aid;
- Current QLD Blue Card or ability to obtain one;
- Current national police check for employment;
- Rights to work in Australia.
What we offer
- Salary Packaging;
- Access to Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellbeing days of paid leave;
- and more!
Forward your application addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) included along with the cover letter attachment and current resume by close of business Tuesday 17th September 2019.
***Applications will not be considered without the resume and response to selection criteria. Please merge your cover letter and selection criteria in a single document.***
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.